Trouble with courses

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Trouble with courses

Postby Coltsfan48 on Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:44 am

I try to enter a tournament but it says I need a specific course. I go to my list of course and I have it. Why won't it recognize the course in my list of courses?
It really gets frustrating and it has gone on for a long time. What do I need to do to fix this?
Appreciate any help.
Coltsfan48

Re: Trouble with courses

Postby Harpo on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:06 am

I have seen you on the leaderboard so some courses must work, right? Many courses are redone over and perhaps you just don't have the right version. Just one thought.
Jim
Harpo

Postby pmgolf on Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:51 am

Don't have much time right now. The key to your problem is the Course Key (in course manager, called the course id, I believe). Your course name + course id + course key for one version doesn't match the same for the one listed that you want to play in. There was some slight change done after you downloaded it and another version exists. Solve that problem and you're in! I'll help more when I get back!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Echoes on Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Coltsfan48 wrote:I try to enter a tournament but it says I need a specific course. I go to my list of course and I have it. Why won't it recognize the course in my list of courses?
It really gets frustrating and it has gone on for a long time. What do I need to do to fix this?
Appreciate any help.

Please give us a specific example, and i will then point you to the place where you can compare what you have with what you need.
Echoes

Postby pmgolf on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:22 pm

Ok, ColtsFan48 (I was a colts fan when they were the Baltimore Colts :D ), there are a lot of tournaments, so I'll need to know what course you're talking about. I'll give you what you need to know to fix the problem now, and also when it occurs in the future. So: Course Name: ?

Pete
pmgolf

Postby GoBucks on Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:46 pm

The little green arrow on the events page by the event you're trying to play points you to the course.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:52 pm

Select the event, click "View Courses & Conditions", click course with green down arrow. That will take you to the site to download the correct course for your tournament.

select course 1.jpg
select course 1.jpg (135.11 KB) Viewed 903 times
rwoodworkr

Postby rwoodworkr on Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:19 pm

Oops, don't know why, but didn't see all the helpful info provided before I posted. At least he should be able to figure it out now.
rwoodworkr

Postby albatros on Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:30 pm

I would ask roy ...
albatros

Postby Echoes on Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:38 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Oops, don't know why, but didn't see all the helpful info provided before I posted. At least he should be able to figure it out now.

How about us adding this piece of information so he can see for himself, and inform him the link is included in the 2nd topic in this forum for future reference.
http://www.lspn.net/course_list.php
Then tell him the 4 digit id that Links Corner uses is the same as the last 4 digits of the key in that list. That way he can compare what he sees using your illustration with what he has in his course directory.
Echoes

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:51 am

albatros wrote:I would ask roy ...

:D :D :D :D :D
RoyHiggi

Postby GoesForIt on Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:29 pm

Coltsfan48 wrote:I try to enter a tournament but it says I need a specific course. I go to my list of course and I have it. Why won't it recognize the course in my list of courses?
Appreciate any help.

I'm sure it's because you have dated courses with the same name. I'll be honest, I pay the $10 over at linkscorner.org about every 3rd course. I generally don't pay if it's an upgrade to a course I've previously paid for.

I think your only recourse is as follows: In Links...
Click on Options
Click on Course Manager
Click on course from list
Click on View Course ID

Unfortunately not all courses that have been uploaded to linkscorner have included the CourseID and Course Key. But for those that do, you can try to match what is on linkscorner to what you saw in Links. If they don't match, you likely not be able to load that course until you upgrade.

As a semi-tour manager, what I will try to do help is give the link/zip file number for the courses I use from now on. This way you will be able to paste that link into your browser and go right to the course at linkscorner. Maybe the other tour managers will follow suit... and maybe they already do.

I hope this helps.
GoesForIt

Return to Talk About It