Targets

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Targets

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:02 pm

Obviously we all try to score as low as possible in every round we play but are there any other targets within a round or tournament that you strive for?
No bogeys in a tournament ( champ or elite) is one for me but another is to have a round where the longest putt is less than 10 feet! Not sure I have ever managed it but I will keep trying :lol:
RoyHiggi

Re: Targets

Postby chrispy on Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:18 pm

I strive to have a round with all birdies or better.
Never done it been real close a couple of times!
My greatest strength is my weakness
chrispy

Postby Steve Sullivan on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:15 am

I'm happy if I go bogie free in a round. It's not so easy with my Champ Powerstroke swing, especially from the back tees of many PGA Tour type courses.
Steve Sullivan

Postby rwoodworkr on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:01 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:...are there any other targets within a round or tournament that you strive for?...

I've been aiming at one particular spectator for years, but have never been able to hit him.

Seriously, no bogies is a great goal, and to the best of my recollection, I've never hit 100% greens and fairways in the same round (or rarely even separately).
rwoodworkr

Postby chamberlainbob on Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 am

my only targets are to beat Roy Higgi or Dirk Pitt in a tournament someday !!!
do you guys give lessons ... or hand out secrets ???
chamberlainbob

Postby KunkleMan on Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:33 am

chamberlainbob wrote:my only targets are to beat Roy Higgi or Dirk Pitt in a tournament someday !!!
do you guys give lessons ... or hand out secrets ???

Good luck with that!
You make a pretty good target yourself for we humans. :)
I love those rare rounds when I have fewer than 20 putts.
KunkleMan

Postby MasterMontgomery on Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:20 am

One that I strive for is to see how far I can go without resetting the pc.
I have a goal of making it thru one rd the first of course without
using the reset\. But, normally within 1 or 2 hole this happens. If I make it to 5 im lucky.
A bad habit. :)

Doug
What an Art
MasterMontgomery

Postby RoyHiggi on Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:15 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:Obviously we all try to score as low as possible in every round we play but are there any other targets within a round or tournament that you strive for?
No bogeys in a tournament ( champ or elite) is one for me but another is to have a round where the longest putt is less than 10 feet! Not sure I have ever managed it but I will keep trying :lol:

Target just ticked off as I just managed a round where the longest putt was just 5 feet! It was an amateur round but it was nice. 2 strokes behind the leader though :lol: :lol: Approaches hitting the pin , lipping out .spinning back to an inch. We all know the story , sometimes it's your lucky day sometimes not :oops:
RoyHiggi

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:03 am

It will bite me in the you-know-what sometimes but I will 99% of time try to "jar" my approach shots. 1-2 is my goal and 3-4 of them makes me a happy Guy unless I [censored] up somewhere else on the course, which is highly possible.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby RoyHiggi on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Bassmaster wrote:It will bite me in the you-know-what sometimes but I will 99% of time try to "jar" my approach shots. 1-2 is my goal and 3-4 of them makes me a happy Guy unless I [censored] up somewhere else on the course, which is highly possible.

what does "jar" mean?
RoyHiggi

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:55 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Bassmaster wrote:It will bite me in the you-know-what sometimes but I will 99% of time try to "jar" my approach shots. 1-2 is my goal and 3-4 of them makes me a happy Guy unless I [censored] up somewhere else on the course, which is highly possible.

what does "jar" mean?

I'm trying to hole out everything, you know, "jar it". lol
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby RoyHiggi on Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:45 am

Bassmaster wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:

what does "jar" mean?

I'm trying to hole out everything, you know, "jar it". lol

ok thought it might be but surely everybody tries to hole out every approach shot! Really just luck if it happens though and as I said some days you can play a bunch of rounds and get none and then 3 will come in one round. Just makes getting the "top" score in a round a bit of a lottery.
RoyHiggi

Return to Talk About It