Win 10 continuous disqualification: wrong date

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Win 10 continuous disqualification: wrong date

Postby whisky on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi all again,
I have previously posted probs with no resolution. But seen something today, 5th Sept, that stunned me. So far, only one round in a dozen or so has successfully played out without me finding that I am disqualified part way through (dreaded 999 score!) I have tweaked and changed settings etc all with no avail. Today, 5th Sept. I re-started the only a tourney that successfully completed. Sure enough, on second hole 999 returned. Nevertheless I completed the round and then checked the current events that I am in and found that the date of disqualification was 9th Sept, still FOUR days away!

Almost every start of a comp I see the proper score etc after the first hole, then '999' returns. Anyone any idea. I do not seem to get regular internet dropouts. Can this be a local Links connection issue?

Ta

Eddie B
whisky

Re: Win 10 continuous disqualification: wrong date

Postby gibby on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:19 am

Your ISP is probably disconnecting you
Try playing off-line
Here's a post rwoodworker shows you how
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11760&p=91667&hilit=offline+play#p91667
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Dundee on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:23 am

I am not using Windows 10 and I get the same thing...always the second hole...I am immediately disqualified. THis has been going on for about a month and really sucks to no end...and totally unfair!!!!!!
Dundee

Postby Dundee on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:30 am

If you play offline...how do your scores get posted to the tournament that is online that week??
Dundee

Postby gibby on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:43 am

As soon as you hole out on 18 the game will connect and send in your score.
You won't see the leaderboard during play but you'll have way better luck submitting scores.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:04 am

whisky wrote:...Nevertheless I completed the round and then checked the current events that I am in and found that the date of disqualification was 9th Sept, still FOUR days away!...

Is the clock on your computer set to the right time?
rwoodworkr

Postby whisky on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:28 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:
whisky wrote:...Nevertheless I completed the round and then checked the current events that I am in and found that the date of disqualification was 9th Sept, still FOUR days away!...

Is the clock on your computer set to the right time?

Yes, it was the first thing I checked. This is a new pc with reasonably upmarket sys. Asus Z390 mono. i7 high end cpu etc. I know Links is designed for legacy systems but apart from some graphics quirks intel graphics, it runs and sends data to online with no probs on my Dell laptop.

Eddie B
whisky

Postby whisky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:14 am

gibby wrote:Your ISP is probably disconnecting you
Try playing off-line
Here's a post rwoodworker shows you how
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11760&p=91667&hilit=offline+play#p91667

My ISP does NOT disconnect my laptop! Methinks unlikely but thanks for the response. I may well have to play offline on my main pc, But I like to see my progress after a few holes.
Eddie B
whisky

Postby whisky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:52 am

whisky wrote:Hi all again,
I have previously posted probs with no resolution. But seen something today, 5th Sept, that stunned me. So far, only one round in a dozen or so has successfully played out without me finding that I am disqualified part way through (dreaded 999 score!) I have tweaked and changed settings etc all with no avail. Today, 5th Sept. I re-started the only a tourney that successfully completed. Sure enough, on second hole 999 returned. Nevertheless I completed the round and then checked the current events that I am in and found that the date of disqualification was 9th Sept, still FOUR days away!

Almost every start of a comp I see the proper score etc after the first hole, then '999' returns. Anyone any idea. I do not seem to get regular internet dropouts. Can this be a local Links connection issue?

Ta
Eddie B

Update 1:
Found a program on my sys called 'Simpliclean', part of a pre-loaded suit of apps. Some discussion on net re it being a virus, though I think not as 'Trend' did not pic it up. But uninstalled it. Then re-installed all Links Programs as Administrator. Started program, set up to my normal criteria, and then as Amateur played the PLSA (CH) tourny that starts with the Merion course. Played right through no probs. Checked here on My tournaments (or whatever) and saw I had completed the round and when I clicked on it, it showed the correct score for round 1. But in events section, I was not shown. I will later tonight play another round and see what happens....stay tuned.
whisky

Postby Dundee on Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:47 am

I played "OFFLINE" completed round..submitted scores...and WAS IMMEDIATELY DQ'd again...this tells me that with others having the same problem...playing all around the world on different computers....it is NOT OUR computers with the problem....but your system computer!

Admin always wants to push blame away fro them...we pay to play here...how about you grow up and check YOUR system for the problem.
Dundee

Postby whisky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:35 am

Dundee wrote:I played "OFFLINE" completed round..submitted scores...and WAS IMMEDIATELY DQ'd again...this tells me that with others having the same problem...playing all around the world on different computers....it is NOT OUR computers with the problem....but your system computer!

Admin always wants to push blame away fro them...we pay to play here...how about you grow up and check YOUR system for the problem.

Hi, sorry to be an [censored], but not sure just what or who you are referring to. In regards to me, when I use the word 'system', I am not referring to a pc connected to a departmental 'system' network, but to my own PC's 'system', ie: hardware and software.

Eddie
whisky

Postby whisky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:37 am

whisky wrote:

Ta
Eddie B

Update 1:
Found a program on my sys called 'Simpliclean', part of a pre-loaded suit of apps. Some discussion on net re it being a virus, though I think not as 'Trend' did not pic it up. But uninstalled it. Then re-installed all Links Programs as Administrator. Started program, set up to my normal criteria, and then as Amateur played the PLSA (CH) tourny that starts with the Merion course. Played right through no probs. Checked here on My tournaments (or whatever) and saw I had completed the round and when I clicked on it, it showed the correct score for round 1. But in events section, I was not shown. I will later tonight play another round and see what happens....stay tuned.

Update 2: played another round without issue. Was scared stiff on two occasions when my anti-virus, 'Trend', kicked in with notifications, though unrelated to Links, but it kicked me to desktop screen. However, on both occasions was back in without problems....now for round 3

Eddie B
whisky

Postby whisky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:00 am

whisky wrote:
whisky wrote:

Ta
Eddie B

Update 1:

Update 2: played another round without issue. Was scared stiff on two occasions when my anti-virus, 'Trend', kicked in with notifications, though unrelated to Links, but it kicked me to desktop screen. However, on both occasions was back in without problems....now for round 3

Eddie B

Update 3: Played 3rd round without issue
Eddie B
whisky

Postby whisky on Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:44 am

Update 4 to my previous posts. I completed round 4 without issues (except for my playing - taking double figures out of the woods on hole 7!). Things seemed to have improved since removing the 'Simpliclean' app, that came on the Asus support disk. So might I suggest that we all check our programs for one that, perhaps, do some form of 'system-peeking', such as various 'tools' apps, which perhaps,interfere with the running system.

I might finally be out of the woods on hole 7, but not for a minute am I convinced that I am out of the woods on this. Remains to be seen. I will be curious to see how others go.

Oh, and I think that my completion date is still wrong. But I do show up in all event windows.

Eddie B
whisky

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum