links 2003 driver change

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

links 2003 driver change

Postby dinesh2663 on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 pm

275 driver how do i change to 285
Last edited by dinesh2663 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
dinesh2663

Re: links 2003 win 10

Postby amadhatter on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:37 pm

Hi

after many years away from the game because I couldn't get it to run properly on my laptop, I have now managed to get it working on an Asus laptop with a Nvidia graphics card and running Windows 10. Not sure i am going to be much help to you other than encourage you to keep searching for answers as it does work.

I installed the game.

I installed all the patches esp the fix for Nvidia devices.

I changed the resolution to match my screen.

A couple of issues. Don't mess with the sky settings or the quality control. They messed up the sky in the game and I had to start from scratch again.
amadhatter

Postby Bassmaster on Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 pm

amadhatter wrote:
I installed all the patches esp the fix for Nvidia devices.

I changed the resolution to match my screen.

A couple of issues. Don't mess with the sky settings or the quality control. They messed up the sky in the game and I had to start from scratch again.

DEFINITELY DO NOT MESS WITH THE SKY SETTINGS!!!!!! You WILL be starting all over again. AND, if you do have to start all over again with a full install, MAKE SURE YOU GET EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO ANYTHING WITH LINKS REMOVED!!!

I'm speaking from experience.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby whisky on Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:24 pm

HI all, I too have been away for centuries and now have returned! OK, game runs on my Dell laptop but cannot default to nVidia, insists on local Intel graphics, unlike some desktops, there is no way to disable one over the other. But, not bad, though cannot get good overhead screen of flight of ball. Most other things work.
Have just set up a new desktop, Asus z390 mobo, with nVidia GeForce RTX2060 graphics. On screen all looks fine, and at first when on-line all worked. But now, for some reason, my score does not properly show on tournament progress screen, often reverting to the dreaded 999, but it DOES show properly on game-play screen. And after exiting program I find I have been disqualified. I have deleted and re-installed several times. I have been using the Linksdown2k3 setup, may have to again try FULL from original CD and later update if things go astray. But before I do, any suggestions?

Eddie B
whisky

Postby GoBucks on Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:35 am

No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby whisky on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:13 am

whisky wrote:HI all, I too have been away for centuries and now have returned! OK, game runs on my Dell laptop but cannot default to nVidia, insists on local Intel graphics, unlike some desktops, there is no way to disable one over the other. But, not bad, though cannot get good overhead screen of flight of ball. Most other things work.
Have just set up a new desktop, Asus z390 mobo, with nVidia GeForce RTX2060 graphics. On screen all looks fine, and at first when on-line all worked. But now, for some reason, my score does not properly show on tournament progress screen, often reverting to the dreaded 999, but it DOES show properly on game-play screen. And after exiting program I find I have been disqualified. I have deleted and re-installed several times. I have been using the Linksdown2k3 setup, may have to again try FULL from original CD and later update if things go astray. But before I do, any suggestions?

Eddie B

Update:

After several unsuccessful re-installs, nothing had changed. Still couldn't get cd install as despite changing drive letters, still would not verify disk. So back to the download install. I was now wondering if there was an internet problem. So then used my phone to tether to pc, played and amateur and BINGO! played an online round and it shows on this site. But puzzling as my laptop is also connected via the broadband modem and no probs there. Maybe some kind of internal problem or my wifi card on the pc. So, next up will try as a pro and see what happens. Will update with news
whisky

Postby whisky on Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:22 am

whisky wrote:
whisky wrote:HI all, I too have been away for centuries and now have returned! OK, game runs on my Dell laptop but cannot default to nVidia, insists on local Intel graphics, unlike some desktops, there is no way to disable one over the other. But, not bad, though cannot get good overhead screen of flight of ball. Most other things work.

Eddie B

Update:

After several unsuccessful re-installs, nothing had changed. Still couldn't get cd install as despite changing drive letters, still would not verify disk. So back to the download install. I was now wondering if there was an internet problem. So then used my phone to tether to pc, played and amateur and BINGO! played an online round and it shows on this site. But puzzling as my laptop is also connected via the broadband modem and no probs there. Maybe some kind of internal problem or my wifi card on the pc. So, next up will try as a pro and see what happens. Will update with news

Update II. NO go, after a couple of holes again got the dreaded '999' score -- disqualified. Now have no idea of what is going on. Except it MUST be something to do with the connection...but where? Anyone?
whisky

Postby GoBucks on Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 am

Did you follow the steps in the link that I provided? I had to replace a hd last week and was up and playing in no time without a glitch.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby whisky on Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:53 pm

HI,
Yes I have read the steps and followed them. I don't think it is an program installation problem, as on my laptop runs without hitches. I am wondering if it is hardware. Seems to me that at some stage there may be a temp break in connection that results in me being disqualified. I know that some mobos can be 'picky' about the order in which things are plugged into their PCIE sockets. Could be wifi card. I might try an external wifi dongle. I am too far from broadband modem to plug in an ethernet cable. Or could be the firewire card I have in one pcie socket. I don't really want to play around. Heck, after some 20 years this is the first desktop that I have actually put the side covers on. Last one never had either cover on. Seems I might have to go back to my old ways....
Eddie B
whisky

Postby whisky on Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:04 pm

whisky wrote:HI,
Yes I have read the steps and followed them. I don't think it is an program installation problem, as on my laptop runs without hitches. I am wondering if it is hardware. Seems to me that at some stage there may be a temp break in connection that results in me being disqualified. I know that some mobos can be 'picky' about the order in which things are plugged into their PCIE sockets. Could be wifi card. I might try an external wifi dongle. I am too far from broadband modem to plug in an ethernet cable. Or could be the firewire card I have in one pcie socket. I don't really want to play around. Heck, after some 20 years this is the first desktop that I have actually put the side covers on. Last one never had either cover on. Seems I might have to go back to my old ways....
Eddie B

Update III
Re-installed on different drive. Same prob. But, when I checked online, I found the date of being disqualified was FOUR DAYS in the FUTURE!

Eddieb
whisky

Postby dinesh2663 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:56 pm

dinesh2663 wrote:links not working on internet with windows 10,please help me someone,especially with tour online
error server 0 code 15 appearing when join links tour
dinesh2663

Postby AZWilly on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 am

I could be completely wrong, but I think that has something to do with not loading the 2007 patch. Good Luck
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum