UGGGH--Windows 10

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: UGGGH--Windows 10

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed May 15, 2019 10:00 am

Harpo wrote:Roy, I know you know more than you let on about computers. What are you running on your machine? Window's 10? Can you aim in the overhead cam? What kind of graphics are you running? It says when you first start up. Also if you go to "options" then "system info" it will tell you most of this information.

You are kidding right!! I am on Windows 7 apparently which I hear will cease to be supported soon and I will have to go to Windows 10. All I hear is bad things about W10.

Yes I can aim in the overhead cam but not playing in elite mode obviously.What's that question relevant to?

When I load up I get something like 3D Acceleration by Intel (R) HD Graphics. Does that make sense?
RoyHiggi

Postby JackRussellTerror on Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
Yes I can aim in the overhead cam but not playing in elite mode obviously.What's that question relevant to?

When I load up I get something like 3D Acceleration by Intel (R) HD Graphics. Does that make sense?

Roy is this is what you see when Links starts up (something similar) ?..........yes that's what Harpo is after.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (104.28 KB) Viewed 4499 times

I have similar - an on board video chip, no dedicated grafix card. My in-game grafixs are very good, BUT no ball flight nor aiming marker in top view cam :x

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby Harpo on Wed May 15, 2019 1:32 pm

Here is my PC screen on my tower machine that I play on. No aiming on the overhead screen.
Jim
Harpo

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm

Yes but JRT's says 460, yours says 630 at the end and mine doesn't have a number at all. Is that significant?
RoyHiggi

Postby Blade on Wed May 15, 2019 3:40 pm

For what it's worth I have 2 Desktops , 1 6 years Old & 1 2 years old & a 3 year old Laptop, all running Windows 10 & all running Links in all it's glory, aiming marker, ball flight etc etc everything is the same as it was when I had Windows 7 on all 3.
Not one of them have an Intel processor - all 3 have AMD Processors of different capacity, not 1 has an Intel Graphics card, 1 desktop & the laptop have dedicated Nvidia graphics Cards and the other older desktop has a Radeon on board Graphics card.
IMO Windows 10 is the best ever operating system, I don't believe for 1 minute that Win 10 is causing your Links Issues , the culprit is Intel Processors especially the ones that come with onboard Intel Graphics cards. My wife has a 6 month old Lenovo Laptop with an Intel i7-7700HQ_CPU_@_2.80GHz and an onboard intel HD 630 Graphics card & a Nvidia GTX 1050, so I loaded up Links and the 1050 doesn't want to know about Links & neither does the HD 630 - Links wont Run.

Cheers

David
Blade

Postby Bassmaster on Wed May 15, 2019 5:06 pm

IBHackin wrote:Rick, I would be very interested in what you've done to get your laptop working with Links. I had no success with the ones I tried.

Steve

I didn't really do anything special. I removed the security program that it came with and installed Avast Premium. Not understanding Windows 10 I accidentally removed all my courses so I had to reinstall the game a 2nd time. That was when all the crashing began. I found that there were a lot of remnants of Links left behind so I uninstalled Links a 2nd time using the Avast shredder program. I reinstalled Links a 3rd and installed all the patches and all my courses before even firing up the game. I made several changes in the graphics options and went with a 1280x720 32 bit setting. I've probably played 10 games now with no issues, except for the aiming stick and ball flight in the overhead camera.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Wed May 15, 2019 5:10 pm

Blade wrote:For what it's worth I have 2 Desktops , 1 6 years Old & 1 2 years old & a 3 year old Laptop, all running Windows 10 & all running Links in all it's glory, aiming marker, ball flight etc etc everything is the same as it was when I had Windows 7 on all 3.
Not one of them have an Intel processor - all 3 have AMD Processors of different capacity, not 1 has an Intel Graphics card, 1 desktop & the laptop have dedicated Nvidia graphics Cards and the other older desktop has a Radeon on board Graphics card.
IMO Windows 10 is the best ever operating system, I don't believe for 1 minute that Win 10 is causing your Links Issues , the culprit is Intel Processors especially the ones that come with onboard Intel Graphics cards. My wife has a 6 month old Lenovo Laptop with an Intel i7-7700HQ_CPU_@_2.80GHz and an onboard intel HD 630 Graphics card & a Nvidia GTX 1050, so I loaded up Links and the 1050 doesn't want to know about Links & neither does the HD 630 - Links wont Run.

Cheers

David

Thanks David. Definitely sounds like an Intel issue.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Harpo on Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 pm

Bassmaster wrote:
Blade wrote:For what it's worth I have 2 Desktops , 1 6 years Old & 1 2 years old & a 3 year old Laptop, all running Windows 10 & all running Links in all it's glory, aiming marker, ball flight etc etc everything is the same as it was when I had Windows 7 on all 3.

Cheers

David

Thanks David. Definitely sounds like an Intel issue.

When I first got my new desktop I had my issues that I have now with my Intel. I went out and bought an ATI Radeon HD 4350, PCI express 512mb DDR2, 1080p full HD graphics card. Installed it and turned off my onboard Intel graphics. I still could not run Links. I can't remember exactly what the problems were but may try to put it in again.

My machine is a HP Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GH 3.60 GHz with 16.0 GB Ram.
Jim
Harpo

Previous

Return to Talk About It