Postby SammieDog on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:47 am

What do I do know !
Robert
SammieDog

Re: Kiss Tours Transfer

Postby BruceWallace on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:52 am

SammieDog wrote:What do I do know !
Robert

Why are you posting idiotic statements like the one you just posted?
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby pmgolf on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:19 am

On the MENU line, you will use some items more than the others - Current Events, Leagues and Community. Current events lists all the Tournaments, Leagues lists all the available Leagues and what they're about, and Community is the Forum.

CURRENT EVENTS: Look in the area for Current Events - Click on "+ Event List Options" - Choose the ones that apply to you. Here is what I chose:

Current Events Options.jpg
Current Events Options.jpg (39.72 KB) Viewed 11150 times

A. Once you have chosen them, every time you go into Currrent Events they will control what you see. Each tournament displayed shows the courses and conditions applicable. Click on the Tournament name and you will see who has played, how many rounds they played and their score. (ie. the tournament LEADERBOARD)

B. In order to compete in an event you have start the game. You cannot play by clicking anything on the web site. To play, start Links then click on "Online", then on the "Links Tour" and sign in using the username and password you used to register on the web site..

C. **** Important!! **** If you don't see the Leagues you have joined in the Links game, you MUST go back to the WEB site, Current Events Section, into "Current Events Options" list and click on "My Leagues" in the "Show Events From" section!!

D. After connecting, you will see an area where Tournaments are listed. Set "Skill Level", "Format" and "Swing Type", (I use "Any"), and you will get the List. You can get the "Conditions" of the first round, but the round conditions after that one don't work for me. With "Game settings", you choose "Multiplayer" or "Single Player", "Play Online" (display of current leaderboard between holes) or "Play Offline" (no leaderboard between holes). And lastly "Begin Play" will take you into the game. You can record your round to save it, but I don't know if you can play along beside another recorded round.

LEAGUES: Here you will find info on the Leagues (Tours like the KISS "Diehard" Tour, for example) What each League features, whether they use 2001 courses (mostly non-challenging conditions), 2003 courses (mostly challenging conditions) or a combination of both of them. Click on the League and you will see a description of what they are about, upcoming events and people that play there. To become a part of that Tour, you either need to APPLY or JOIN. If you APPLY, the appropriate Tour Director will need to give you permission to join. You will need to join the League in order to see all the Tournament events in that League (thanks, Rick).

**** Important!! **** Once you are accepted into your first League, you MUST go into the above "Current Events Options" list and in the "Show Events From" section, click on "My Leagues"!!

Leagues with Handicap Tournaments: you will need to play 12 rounds to establish your handicap. The Tour Director will set these up.

Community: The Forum area. Same as what you find everywhere. Some nice guys, some wise guys, some not-so-nice guys. Find help here. One special note: When you join a Tour, it gives you access to that Tour's Forum (it doesn't appear for you if you're not a member of that Tour.)

If there are any more questions, post them and you'll get an answer. Have no doubt - you are welcome here!

Pete
Last edited by pmgolf on Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:30 am, edited 7 times in total.
pmgolf

Postby Redskin on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:06 pm

Very good explanation Pete!

Jim
Redskin

Postby SammieDog on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 pm

Many thanks Pete.
Last edited by SammieDog on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SammieDog

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:35 pm

pmgolf wrote:...You can get the "Conditions" of the first round, but the round conditions after that one don't work for me...

Have you installed this, Pete?: http://www.lspn.net/downloads/LSPN_CRASH_FIX.exe
rwoodworkr

Postby pmgolf on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:21 pm

I tried to install it but I don't think it worked. I just tried again and it might have worked this time.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby BruceWallace on Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:45 am

pmgolf wrote:Please back off, Bruce. This is the first of many KISS Tour guys who is moving over to LSPN. He said "What do I do know?", but he meant "What do I do NOW?" It's a typo. Have some patience. Go read a book.
Pete

Sorry. Sometimes I need the "strong man" to help me get my foot out of my mouth. :|
Life Is Good!
Grandpa Bruce
Viet Nam Vet - 1970 - 1971
BruceWallace

Postby pmgolf on Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:23 am

It's all good, Bruce! :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Bassmaster on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 am

And you will also need to become a Tour Member in order to see all the League events as mentioned above.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby SammieDog on Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:43 am

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. I seem to be up and running and now off to Q. School !!

Robert
SammieDog

Postby Maximus61 on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:07 pm

Welcome aboard Robert. It's a lot of fun here. :)

Max
Maximus61

Postby Timbo B on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:46 am

Pete,

I tried to follow your instructions on what you checked on Current Events and where you checked "my leagues" on mine it didn't have that. It had "free events" instead. Why is that?

Tim
Timbo B

Postby pmgolf on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:21 am

I'm guessing you joined as a "Casual player" (ie. $10). To play in League events you must join as at least a "Tour Player" (ie. $15). Which one was it?

The explanation is here:
http://www.lspn.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10646

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Timbo B on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:18 am

When joined I don't remeber seeing any choices to select that but obviously there was. Now that I have already joined and registered how do I go about selecting Tour Player at $15.00?
Timbo B

Next

Return to Talk About It