Seems to happen every time...

Talk about anything Links in here.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Seems to happen every time...

Postby GoesForIt on Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:18 am

I play Harbour Town in practice frequently... always score well. When I play Valhalla and The Royal Melbourne (two of my favorite courses) I also score well... but in none of the three in tournaments for whatever reason. I guess I'm so eager that I stop thinking... or when I play them in practice I'm not thinking and when I play them in tournaments I try to think.

There are such great holes on Valhalla (2, 4, 6, 7, 12, 13, 15, 16 and 18) and Royal Melbourne (1, 2, 12, 15, 17, 18).

With The Royal Melbourne it isn't so much the holes shape or beauty, but the way the layout makes you play your tee shot. On many holes the fairway narrows out at full driver range make pulling out the driver (especially in Champ mode) risky... so I don't. Many other holes make you think... make choices and trade offs.

Greens on both courses are fair.

Got two more rounds on both, hope I can acquit myself better in them.
GoesForIt

Re: Seems to happen every time...

Postby Mississippi on Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:05 pm

GoesForIt wrote:
With The Royal Melbourne it isn't so much the holes shape or beauty, but the way the layout makes you play your tee shot. On many holes the fairway narrows out at full driver range make pulling out the driver (especially in Champ mode) risky... so I don't. Many other holes make you think... make choices and trade offs.

I would think a player with a moniker of "GoesForit" would love Royal Melbourne using the driver. Only holes 4 and 7 on the front nine require a player to leave the driver in the bag on any non par three hole. On top of that 12 is driveable....that makes Royal Melbourne a grip it n rip it players dream course!
Mississippi

Re: Seems to happen every time...

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 pm

Mississippi wrote:...a grip it n rip it player...

I -- absolutely, unequivocally, positively, without a shred of doubt -- resemble that remark.
rwoodworkr

Return to Talk About It