Crash problem

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Crash problem

Postby KunkleMan on Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:15 am

My power went off during a tournament round. Subsequently when I try to load a round the course loads but when I hit "Next" to play, it crashes to desktop. This only happens in tournament play. I can play off line with no problem. Would appreciate any help someone can give me. I tried system restore with no success.
Last edited by KunkleMan on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
KunkleMan

Re: Crash problem

Postby rwoodworkr on Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:52 am

KunkleMan wrote:My power went off during a tournament round. Subsequently when I try to load a round the course loads but when I hit "Next" to play, it crashes to desktop. This only happens in tournament play. I can play off line with no problem. Would appreciate andy help someone can give me. I tried system restore with no success.

Wow, I thought I was having a different issue (re: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=13189 - 8th post), but I'm now having the same exact problem as you. I guess I'll try a reinstall and see if that helps.

Edit: Okay, gremlins in my computer. Didn't reninstall, instead, went to play some practice holes and saw that my golfer had changed, put it back to my regular golfer (Fred Couples), played a few shots, went back to play online, requalified for the tournament I had been kicked out of (Portmarnock Classic on The World Tour) and now everything is copacetic. :?: :?: :?
rwoodworkr

Postby KunkleMan on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 am

My tour player has disappeared from my list of players. When I try to add it----it tells me that I already have a player by that name. How would I go about changing my tour player user ID? In My Account the user ID is listed lightly and I can't change it.
KunkleMan

Postby rwoodworkr on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:31 am

I tried playing a round online and ran into the same issue with my player disappearing again.
I think I've found the problem. For some reason, the setting to load Links as an administrator had gone away. I reset it, and voila, everything back to normal. No idea why that setting had changed. Possibly due to computer shutdowns because of power losses?
rwoodworkr

Postby KunkleMan on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:39 pm

Tried opening as administrator, but no success. Thanks for the suggestion.
KunkleMan

Postby Adelade on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:17 am

KunkleMan wrote:My tour player has disappeared from my list of players. When I try to add it----it tells me that I already have a player by that name. How would I go about changing my tour player user ID? In My Account the user ID is listed lightly and I can't change it.

Which list of players exactly are you talking about? LSPN account or a Player (in Options > Players within Links) ? If its the former, it sounds as if you're trying to create an account instead of logging into the one you already have.

Postby KunkleMan on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:15 am

When I log in using my tour login I experience the problem as stated in my original post. The list of players mentioned is as you stated under "Players". My tour login username is not listed there. As I said, when i try to add it, it says it's already there.
I was thinking that If I could change my tour name, I would be able to play tournaments under the new name. Don't know how to do that though. I can play Links offline with a different Name with no trouble. Very frustrating.
KunkleMan

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:20 pm

A lot of us had some type of issue with Links this past week and it seems like they all were related to the latest Windows update. I restored my Window 10 laptop back to December 22nd, 2020 and walla!!!! Everything is back to normal.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby KunkleMan on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:53 am

I tried a sysem restore, but only a week or so prior to power failure, which I feel sure caused this problem. Thanks .
KunkleMan

Postby Adelade on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:00 am

Im still confused as to exactly where you're running into problems, you said (quote): "the course loads but when I hit "Next" to play, it crashes to desktop." , and I cant remember any "Next" after a course has already loaded.

I think I remember being unable to make a new player with identical name as a previous one, even after completely deleting that previous player, because I named every new player something slightly different each time I needed to restart a Career when I edited rosters. You might be running into the same problem there, so try making a new player with slightly different name.

To change your tour ID you have to make a completely new account on LSPN I think, but I dont see why that should be needed.

Postby KunkleMan on Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:48 am

After the course loads, you have to hit "Next" to go to the first tee. That's when I get the crash.

Creating a new player won't allow me to play tournaments under the old name. Seems a new tour ID is my best option at this point. 20 years of stats down the drain!
KunkleMan

Postby K-Man on Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:58 am

After registering on the tour with a new ID, I still experience the same crash problem at the same point. Only when I try to play on tour. Off line I have no problem playing with the player ID that I rejoined with.
Looks like I'm s-k-r-e-w-e-d forever.
K-Man

Postby Adelade on Thu Jan 21, 2021 1:48 pm

Ah my bad, didnt think of that one popup for Online play.

Well that sucks, might be something about your connection or various connection settings, I have no idea.

Possible sort of workaround: have you tried playing offline within Online play? To access the setting, click "Game Settings" in the screen where you choose tournaments within Links.

Postby K-Man on Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:06 am

Tried playing tour "off Line"-------same problem. It somehow must be connected to the tour connection. Thanks for the suggestion.
K-Man

Postby K-Man on Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:16 am

Guess I should make clear that it not only crashes to desktop, but closes Links 2003 completely.
K-Man

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum