Crashes when loading course

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Crashes when loading course

Postby oilymoyle on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:26 am

Hi, I've always suffered from occasional crashes but in the last week whenever I try to play a course Links crashes to the desktop and stops working when I click on the course to play it. I'm running Windows 7, with ati Radeon HD4350 card and have all the Links patches.

I do have several hundred courses loaded into the Links directory but having looked at previous posts that doesn't seem to be a problem other than slow load up of the game.

Have already used older and the newest drivers for the video card I have.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks,
Phil
oilymoyle

Re: Crashes when loading course

Postby Bassmaster on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:20 pm

Have you tried downloading the courses again. I know its a pain in the b u t t , but thats what I had to do after upgrading to windows 8.1. I would fire up Links and go to play and it would load the course up to about 20% and then Links would crash. I realize you have windows 7 but it sounds like something happened.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Re: Crashes when loading course

Postby Armand on Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:38 pm

The crashes may have affected/corrupted your PIN file, which may be causing the crashes. Are you able to change players before starting the round to check if it is a corrupt player/PIN file?

Armand
Armand

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum