ati catalysts for windows xp 7.1

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

ati catalysts for windows xp 7.1

Postby terrell on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:13 am

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/ATI_Catalyst_Drivers_for_Windows_XP/1058330408/1

sorry i can't speak from experience on these, as i've never owned an ati card. the reviews on the bottom left are an interesting read. and of course the ati driver section at forums.guru3d.com.
terrell

Postby Crissy on Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:27 pm

Thank you for letting us know terrell, I use the Omega Drivers myself and with this ATI release that means they should be updated shortly as there always one two versions back of the stock ATI ones. I always liked the Omega drivers best because they don’t use that stinky Catalyst Control Center. lol Then I don’t have to install net framework ether another bonus in my opinion.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby terrell on Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:40 pm

http://www.omegadrivers.net/

omega is the godfather of graphics driver modding. i mourned for weeks (ok, i'm still mourning) when nvidia torqued him off and he quit modding forceware. anyone using omega modded drivers is supremo numero uno pc enthusiast.

Crissy wrote:I always liked the Omega drivers best because they don’t use that stinky Catalyst Control Center. lol Then I don’t have to install net framework ether another bonus in my opinion.

how's come you don't like .net, crissy? honestly, i don't know if i'm running any software that actually uses it, but from the description, since i'm an aficionado of k-balled pc's, i need all the help i can get. from wikipedia:

Programs written for the .NET Framework execute in a software environment that manages the program's runtime requirements. This runtime environment, which is also a part of the .NET Framework, is known as the Common Language Runtime (CLR). The CLR provides the appearance of an application virtual machine, so that programmers need not consider the capabilities of the specific CPU that will execute the program. The CLR also provides other important services such as security mechanisms, memory management, and exception handling. The class library and the CLR together compose the .NET Framework. The framework is intended to make it easier to develop computer applications and to reduce the vulnerability of applications and computers to security threats.
terrell

Postby Crissy on Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:00 pm

I cant say I don’t like net framework really, but I just don’t need at present time do the fact Omega drivers use the old style Control Panel and not the new Catalyst Control Center, that needs net framework in order to work. ( As I am sure you well know anyway ) I have found the new Catalyst Control Center to be buggy and slow to load at times, and the Omega quick loading and works as it should is all.

Thats just my thoughts is all, I am sure others may like the Catalyst Control Center just fine.

Crissy
Crissy

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum