internet xplorer in chinese c

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

internet xplorer in chinese c

Postby brandyyy67 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:34 pm

internet xplorer in chinese keeps cutting in when im playing online dont know where it came from as it has just started doing it it is driving me mad as i have to downsize eachtime and then rerender the game which seems to take longer than normal how do i get rid of this
brandyyy67

Re: internet xplorer in chinese c

Postby KCJammer on Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:26 pm

brandyyy67 wrote:internet xplorer in chinese keeps cutting in when im playing online dont know where it came from as it has just started doing it it is driving me mad as i have to downsize eachtime and then rerender the game which seems to take longer than normal how do i get rid of this

There is a simple fix for this.

Simply follow these instructions:

KCJammer

Postby FDS_Catherine on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:15 am

I told you to order salted chili chicken, not king prawns. :roll:
FDS_Catherine

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:32 am

B, try playing offline. see how that works. most likely the chinese will not follow you there. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:34 am

i scoured the microsoft knowledge base last night, i know i've seen that problem (not personally) before. and there's an easy fix...i think. but i wasn't able to find anything in the kb or googling (actually yahoo'ing, it just loses something in the translation).

edit #2: which doesn't mean it wasn't there. in the last several years i've become extremely conceptual. there's a great possibility the answer was obvious and i just missed it. think of any detail oriented person, i'm on the other end of the spectrum.

good one kc and catherine.

edit: and lw. though if i couldn't play online, i might find a different hobby. most of the fun of links is following along with the leaderboard as you play. i'm not one to go out to the golf course and play by myself. but i do understand the one must do what one must do thing.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:56 am

T, one of my greatest real world golf pleasures back when i could actually play decent golf, was showing up (for years) before the sun came up at the club (jacaranda cc, plantation FL), and playing an entire 18 by myself in three hours or less. some mornings i played the first hole on the west course by moonlight, and hunted down my tee shot by the track it made in the fairway dew. my great fear was making an ace during one of these solitary rounds, and while i had some close calls, thankfully it never happened. i usually fell into a golf bum foursome right after i finished, and hardly ever lost money after that early morning warm-up.

offline is a good thing for many links players for one main reason: it severely restricts the possible deQ scenarios caused by connectivity problems. most of us play a links round in 45 minutes or less, and unless i'm playing head to head, i don't worry about what's going on during that 45 minutes. to each his own, but safety first when it comes to tour rounds. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby Freefaller on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:06 am

Brandy, if you've got XP go back to a restore point prior to when this problem started. You'll lose everything new to your computer since then (if you don't save it externally), but in your case it sounds like a good thing.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby KCJammer on Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:11 am

Freefaller wrote:Brandy, if you've got XP go back to a restore point prior to when this problem started. You'll lose everything new to your computer since then (if you don't save it externally), but in your case it sounds like a good thing.

Yep, that's pretty much what I said in my original response. :lol:
KCJammer

Postby Freefaller on Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:04 am

LOL, I'll take your word on that
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby gibby on Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:20 pm

Internet options, bottom of general tab look for languages, make sure chinese isn't selected
gibby

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum