IE7

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

IE7

Postby AZWilly on Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:47 am

well, got the update to IE7 message, and was wondering if there was much I would need to do after (or before) updating or if I should update at all? Seems like I've read more than a few posts about possible changes that have to be made after installing. Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby Freefaller on Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:18 am

You'll probably have to add LSPN.net to your "trusted sites" and you also may have to adjust your connection settings within Links itself. That seems to take care of most IE7 issues around here.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby AZWilly on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:19 am

Ahh, thank you very much
patience is a virtue few possess
AZWilly

Postby BionicWolf on Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:40 pm

I also found I had to adjust security settings slider to med-low I believe- THAT stopped the blocking of the executables in match maker...
Keep the fire...and by all means, SHINE ON
BionicWolf

Postby Bluenoser on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:03 pm

I installed IE7 and didn't have to make a single change to anything. LSPN stilled worked, security settings were fine. No problems at all.
Links - it's not about winning, it's about having fun.
Bluenoser

Postby terrell on Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:44 pm

i made no changes to ie7, but i did have to allow private header information via zonealarm.
terrell

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:33 pm

terrell wrote:i made no changes to ie7, but i did have to allow private header information via zonealarm.

IE7 has broken more software than you can shake a stick at. Especially video editing programs. I had ghosted my main partition, and had to ghost back.

IE 7 offered absolutely nothing that I cared for. If I wanted tabs, I would go with a proven browser like Firefox.
BruceWallace

Postby HTP_ErnieB on Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:41 pm

BruceWallace wrote:
terrell wrote:i made no changes to ie7, but i did have to allow private header information via zonealarm.

IE7 has broken more software than you can shake a stick at. Especially video editing programs. I had ghosted my main partition, and had to ghost back.

IE 7 offered absolutely nothing that I cared for. If I wanted tabs, I would go with a proven browser like Firefox.

Tabs are optional :wink:
HTP_ErnieB

Postby BruceWallace on Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:21 pm

HTP_ErnieB wrote:
BruceWallace wrote:

Tabs are optional :wink:

LOL! Right you are. As is IE7. :) Happy New Year, Ernie. I hope all is well with you.
BruceWallace

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum