CAN'T SEE BALL

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

CAN'T SEE BALL

Postby v_scaramelli on Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:31 pm

I can't see the ball or the aiming stick in any of the camera views (pin cam.top view..etc.)
My brother-in-law messing around with the video driver updates. The problem seems to have started after he was done. He's a "genious" you know. So anyway, any help would be great[/b]
v_scaramelli

Postby terrell on Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:07 pm

that's pretty common if you have an integrated intel graphics adapter. ya might wanna goto the intel website and download/install the oldest driver you can find. good place to start.

even if you don't have an integrated graphics adapter, goto forums.guru3d.com and check out howto properly uninstall/install graphics drivers. and install driver cleaner pro. many graphics problems are caused by remnants of old drivers.

i'm not a genius, but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night.
terrell

Postby v_scaramelli on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:31 pm

thanks for responding so quickly terrell. I'll give it a try.

If I were a "genious", I would have spelled genious....genius! yikes

Thanks again
v_scaramelli

Postby terrell on Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:50 pm

something else i forgot, something ya might wanna try, gibby or kcjammer (i'm 99.9 percent sure it was gibby) posted a tip regarding downloading a graphics accelerator at the intel site, if'n you have integrated intel graphics. someone, pick me up if i'm wrong.

v_scaramelli wrote:If I were a "genious", I would have spelled genious....genius! yikes

communication is the exchange of ideas, whereas spelling is simply a miniscule part.
terrell

Postby KCJammer on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:09 pm

terrell wrote:something else i forgot, something ya might wanna try, gibby or kcjammer (i'm 99.9 percent sure it was gibby) posted a tip

I can take care of that 0.1% for ya, T.

It was Gibby. :wink:
KCJammer

Postby terrell on Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:21 pm

thanks, kc. i was reasonably sure, but i started doubting myself. just wanna give credit where credit's due.
terrell

Postby jeanmo on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:13 am

Here is the link to Gibby's post. It worked for me.

http://www.lspn.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=501
jeanmo

Postby gibby on Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:54 pm

Tell you brother-in-law to bring you back to your last driver & don't allow auto-updates, otherwise when windows updates you'll always get a updates to install the newest driver.
Make note of which driver works best and save it somewhere so you can reinstall
If you do have a intel graphics card ( I have 82845g version) the latest driver I can use is the one from 9-30-04 version 6.14.10.3924. Anything past that and the game acts up.
Good luck, and feel free to ask.
gibby

Postby sgt_cook on Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:48 am

Come on guys. There's a tremendous adantage in not seeing the ball or aiming stick. Look at how many bogeys you can't make if you can't hit the ball. :lol: :wink:
sgt_cook

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum