Viewing Member List

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Viewing Member List

Postby markofla on Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:41 pm

Recommendation to management ... the list is very long and needs a way to go more directly to specific letters instead of paging next, next, etc. Please put alphabetic tabs at the top to make life easier when viewing the Member List. Thank you for your continued support.
markofla

Postby DavidCass on Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:28 pm

Good idea. I'll see what we can do.
David Cass
LinksTour Admin
davidcass@lspn.net
DavidCass
Site Admin

Postby Crissy on Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:14 pm

There are a hack or two for this purpose, that may do the trick. I run into these things all the time so I thought i would post them.

The first allows you to search for a user-name in your member-list, it can be found here.

Member-list Find User

And here is a screen-shot also.

And the second enables people to search for users that have their name starting with a specific letter. You can also choose "others" (meaning non-alpha characters), and "all" (the regular list). Here is a link to that one.

Member-list Sortable by Letter

Crissy
Crissy

Until DC gets this fixed, here is an easy workaround

Postby HeavySwinger on Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:42 am

Just go to the member list and sort it by Username. Next go to the bottom and click on the "Goto Page x" and look in the address bar of your browser, you will find an address like this:

http://www.lspn.net/forum/memberlist.ph ... start=1000

There are currently over 3000 members, so if you are looking for someone in the middle of the alphabet, change the number 1000 in the address to 1500, press enter and it will put you in the middle of the list.
Larry
HeavySwinger

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum