Ran into problems sending Mail Error

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Ran into problems sending Mail Error

Postby terrell on Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:40 pm

Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: 502 unimplemented (#5.5.1)

DEBUG MODE

Line : 126
File : smtp.php

i just got this error while sending freefaller a pm (dissing somebody) and while posting a reply. apparently, the posts went through. i'm just not used to getting errors.

edit: didn't get the error when i posted this.

edit #2: got the error again this morning pm'ing free'. 'must be a freefaller problem. and how come i was able to edit this post eight hours later?
terrell

Postby gibby on Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:48 pm

got the same error sending you yours
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:48 pm

I Reported this to Mark earlier... and it should be fixed now...
sound off if this isnt' the case~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:55 pm

thanks, bruce. if i get the error again, i'll pass it along.

i like the ability to edit my posts 8 hours later, however. i always thought the links corner decision to limit editing of posts was an i d i o t (frelling censor bot!) idea (hmmm, labelling it an idea gives it way too much credit).

edit: any chance of passing on to mark to fix the frelling censor bot? it's very difficult to tell bruce wallace what i really think under the current constraints.
terrell

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:01 pm

terrell wrote:thanks, bruce. if i get the error again, i'll pass it along.

edit: any chance of passing on to mark to fix the frelling censor bot? it's very difficult to tell bruce wallace what i really think under the current constraints.

do you know any foeign language? i think if you were to type '[censored]' for example...
but other than that, not that i'm aware of. i just try to avoid the occaisional 'blue' word and if i feel strong enough about it, send a personal email... unless of course i'm looking for public attention :wink:

edit: hhahaaha it censored the FRENCH word for Human Waste!! haahahaha
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:14 pm

my largest complaint is i can't even type the name of my alma mater. and there have been many instances of something other than 'blue words' being censored (a comprehensive list escapes me at the moment). if there is some sort of sliding scale, i'd like to see the censor bot moved at least one notch up. bruce, you less than mensa particle of excrement just loses so much in the translation.
terrell

Postby Bruce Bo on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:41 pm

terrell wrote:my largest complaint is i can't even type the name of my alma mater. and there have been many instances of something other than 'blue words' being censored (a comprehensive list escapes me at the moment). if there is some sort of sliding scale, i'd like to see the censor bot moved at least one notch up. bruce, you less than mensa particle of excrement just loses so much in the translation.

i'll put in a GOOD word for your request the use of LIMITED bad words, in the hope they only be used as adjectives not as personal pronouns.. yeah that slam would be missed by anyone of less than having a university degree :P - i had to go look it up ~
Bruce Bo
Forum Moderator

LinksOnlineLeague Admin
Bruce Bo
Site Admin

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:44 pm

lol. thanks, bruce. me too.
terrell

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum