no response

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

no response

Postby Jimboroks1 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:20 pm

While playing Doral Blue Monster,My computer began not responding.On the 12th hole,-4 ,I was doing good, I had just made a birdie and it started not responding. I've restarted Links a few times with no change. What should I do?

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby Crissy on Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:46 pm

Hi there do you by chance have a bunch of services running when you are playing Links. If you right click your Taskbar then click Task Manager then Processes at the top you can count them.

I have only 12 running to give you something to go by.

Crissy
Crissy

no response

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:14 am

I only have seven things running all together.

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Postby Crissy on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:21 am

Seven you must be looking some were else or something is wrong , XP wont even run with only seven processes running. 12 is about as good as can be done, and many people have 30 or more most times running, thats why I asked.

Crissy
Crissy

no response

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:09 am

ok. About 12 is right. What about it?

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

no response

Postby Jimboroks1 on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:44 am

I thought it had finally got going ,but it is still stuck. It will not get off the dialog box concerning preparing the next hole.Now I find I've been disqual. so what the heck if my good game got messed up by some glitch. It's not as if I want to cheat by requal. . That's how some look at it.

Jimboroks
Last edited by Jimboroks1 on Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimboroks1

Postby Crissy on Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:32 pm

It is very hard for someone like me to tell just what your problem may be, when I am not there to see it. Some information would be good what size is your PC, how much ram do you have, what video card is used, what version of video card drivers are you using stuff like that.

Lots of people want to help here, but it can be almost impossible many times with out some information to maybe help narrow down the problem.

Crissy
Crissy

Postby terrell on Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:51 am

the first thing i would do is reinstall links. yes, i know, some of you have been playing for years and never reinstalled. but i've found it's infinitely easier to reinstall, rather than spending a week trying to figure out what the problem is/was/might be.

there's a very good howto uninstall/reinstall graphics drivers at forums.guru3d.com. if you would like to give that a try, let me know and i'll post the link (i'm getting really lazy in my old age, and you probably know more about graphics drivers than i do).

ya might also paste your dxdiag.txt here. start|run dxdiag. save all information (to your desktop by default). open with notepad/wordpad/whatever the text editor du jour. select all and copy/paste in a post here.

trust me, i'm a professional (what, is debatable).
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:30 am

In addition to what Chrissy and T said above let us know what you've done so far to set yourself up here. eg connection type/settings, firewall settings, security settings, do you have a router/port settings. To much info is better than not enough and way better than none.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

no response

Postby Jimboroks1 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:55 am

I appreciate any help I can get and I am sorry I did not respond immediately ,but the game seem to correct itself and I wanted to see how long it might last.

Thank You,

Jimboroks
Jimboroks1

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum