Meter problems

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Meter problems

Postby TS_Ninja on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:10 pm

OK to start out I am well versed in adding and uninstalling ati drivers.
I recentlly bought a amd64 dual core processor and it has 1.5 gigs of ram.
I have the AtiX1600 pro pci express video card
I run windows media center with sp2
250 gigs HD

I have an Samsung 19 inch flat panel LCD with 8ms responce

I have the correct drivers for monitor and have it customised through video control panel to be locked on same as desktop. The refresh rate is 60mhz. I run it at 1024x768x32

I have the latest directX with latest update.

I can reboot my computer and the meter will run fine for awhile then it will start to stutter and then get worse.
I cleaned out my processes to bare necessity and run msconfig for startup to be clean.
I have went into system services and deleted as many as i could from running.
Any solutions to this prob woould be greatly appreciated.
TS_Ninja

Postby Grant_M on Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:08 pm

You have Antialiasing and or Anistropical Filtering enabled. Maybe....

If you have the ATI icon by your clock on your desktop.

Double click that bad-boy.....if you have basic.....click on the advanced button. then yes.

on the catalyst control center, click on the 3D tab...on the antialiasing option, put a check in 'let application decide' box...then APPLY at the bottom

you can enable these things for other games, but the standard drivers from ati & enabled don't like our old friend LINKS much.

hope you figure it out Ninja
Grant_M

Postby RR_CrazyHorse on Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:03 am

first of all I would set your refresh rate at 75 hertz. and do as Grant says. But if your meter is stuttering it should have something to do with a program accessing Internet Explorer. Could be your anti-virus or Automatic Updates.
"No matter where you go, There you are"
RR_CrazyHorse

Postby terrell on Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:39 am

and the easiest way to tell what is taking cpu cycles away from the swing meter, is to start task manager, click on the processes tab, and click cpu twice. at the top of the list should be system idle process. if there's anything else bumping up around the 15-25 percent range, that's the culprit.
terrell

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum