unzipping courses

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

unzipping courses

Postby gibby on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:24 pm

This is my way of doing it, yours may vary.
1. I don't download the course to the default location which is c:/program files/microsoft games/links 2003/courses
(game loads faster if all courses are not there)
I have all my courses in another folder in location f:/2003 courses. I use course mgr to browse there and load my courses from there.
Note: find a place to keep your courses and remember to keep them all there. If you wish make another folder inside links 2003 and name it whatever.
2.When you go to Links Corner or File Planet and start your download a window opens and asks to run or save?
Again just me, I have 2 folders inside My documents named course d/l and purchased courses (1 for free courses and the other for paid courses) this is where I save the downloaded course to.
3. After course downloads the zip file is saved in my chosen location( yours may vary)
4. I then go to that location and choose the course file and right click, inside that window I have some choices,(I have winzip installed) My choice is to select extract to, and then chose extract to F:/2003 courses (again My folder for My courses)
Winzip then extracts the course to that folder.
Now when I go into course mgr and find F:/2003 courses all my courses are there and then I can add them by putting a x in the check box.
Takes about 90 seconds to install my course after the download.
I know there are other ways of doing this and everyone has found a way they feel comfortable with.
You can d/l the course straight to your course folder and unzip it there(extract to here).
Many ways of doing this, and many ways of screwing it up.
Hope this helps.
Also some paid courses will auto install the course in the default location, so you may have to browse in course mgr for them.
If so you can move them to YOUR location so there all in one place.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum