Router and IP address issues

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Router and IP address issues

Postby rngrck on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:15 pm

We need somehow to simplify setting up everyone for matchmaker play. This is confusing and even following the directions makes for risky business. I for one tried to follow them but came to a dead end when asked to create a static IP address as may network is set up to obtain IP automatically. I have so many IP address's and confused as to what gets plugged in and where on the properties screen for TCP protocol. How about we create a temporary help desk for all us linksters so we can enjoy playing against each other. I 've never had any other problems playing online games with other folks except for LINKS. Why is this just so complicated??
rngrck

Postby terrell on Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:29 pm

so you're saying you don't know howto turn off dhcp on your router and assign a static address?

i realize it's frustrating for computer noobs. but what's your alternative? pc's aren't designed for gaming. that's what game consoles are for. there are just way too many variables on a pc to auto-detect everyone's rig/software/hardware and make changes for them.
terrell

Postby Freefaller on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:09 pm

As for the help desk, this is a private site being run out of marks home in his spare time, unconnected and unsupported by the actual coy that owns the game. All the people connected to the site including the guy running it have regular jobs, committments, lives to attend to. If you have probs keep asking questions someone with the appropriate knowledge try to post some info that will help, unfortunately that is as close to a help desk as we can get.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby RR_CrazyHorse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:49 am

For the past few weeks I have been helping my teammates with much of the issues that have been popping up here ie (address redirection to lspn.net, router settings,matchmaker connections, etc.) Now mind you I do not profess to be omnipotent by any means. But with teammates and other Team Tour friends we use ventrillo alot. Talking someone through their problems is so much easier than typing and waiting for a reply, cause you can step by step them through certain problems.
Now there is no question that Terrell and Free (I love his signature "I reserve the right to be wrong") are running with the Tech ball. Maybe you guys might try the ventrillo thing and I'm sure if your in the lobby there you'll have plenty of takers.
Just brush up on your many languages you will need lol. The DM Team has been so gracious to supply this place for our community I want to thank all involved. Sorry I have enough clients already. But if anyone finds me and I have the time I will surely try to help.
"No matter where you go, There you are"
RR_CrazyHorse

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum