I can't get on the Internet

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

I can't get on the Internet

Postby Fantum on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:08 pm

I have links 2003, and I keep getting a CONNECTION ERROR which states (a connection could not be made put the Internet. Please check your connection and try again.)I have checked to see that all of my downloads was done properly. I even checked inside of the regedit to make sure that the Link sports was in its proper place. But I keep getting a connection error when clicking on Links 2003. Can anyone gave me into getting on the new site. Thank you for your cooperation.
Fantum

Postby terrell on Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:10 pm

you've run the 1.05 update you found here:

http://www.lspn.net/downloads/linkspc/Links2k3_105_Final.exe

and you've run the reg file here to change the registry to point to http://www.lspn.net:

http://www.lspn.net/testing/LSTour_LSPN.exe

and within the game, you've unchecked 'use system internet settings', and you've checked 'connect through lan or connect manually', even if you're on dialup. and of course you're positive the password you're trying is correct, e.g. case sensitive, etc.
terrell

Postby Fantum on Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:56 pm

Logon is not accepting my password on links tour in the game,And after booting into the game I still get the Connection error.
.Can you help. is the passwords the same .
Fantum

Postby gibby on Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:39 pm

have you done what T suggested and your password is whatever you made it when you joined here
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Postby sdr1234 on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:34 am

I am having the same problem about an error saying I am not connected to internet. I have cable so that is not the problem. I have been playing since the inception. I updated to IE 7.0. Is this the problem?. It is the only thing I can think of. I have tried all that I know but I have played tourneys since I joined and this problem just happened a couple of days ago.
sdr1234

Postby terrell on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:49 am

sdr1234 wrote:I am having the same problem about an error saying I am not connected to internet. I have cable so that is not the problem. I have been playing since the inception. I updated to IE 7.0. Is this the problem?. It is the only thing I can think of. I have tried all that I know but I have played tourneys since I joined and this problem just happened a couple of days ago.

click connection|connection settings and untick 'use system internet settings', and check 'connect through lan or connect manually'.

i had loaded the ie7 betas and final, and i don't believe the installation changed anything with my internet settings. but it's not my primary browser, so anything's possible.
terrell

Postby sdr1234 on Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:16 am

I have checked all that connection stuff. Fantum did you resolve your problem and if so how?
sdr1234

Postby gibby on Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:18 am

from a previous post:

i updated to 7.0 and found then that match play launcher did not work.....what i found was i had to lower popup security settings in IE 7.0 . all works well again

chris
gibby

Postby terrell on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:37 pm

gibby wrote:i updated to 7.0 and found then that match play launcher did not work.....what i found was i had to lower popup security settings in IE 7.0 . all works well again

chris

this isn't going to be a shock to most, but i don't get it. how do you go about lowering the popup security settings within ie7? i see where you can either choose to allow or block popups on particular sites, but i don't see where you can raise or lower security.
terrell

Postby gibby on Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:47 pm

Not sure T, I'm still with IE6, I guess lowering internet settings
gibby

Postby canuck on Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:22 pm

terrell wrote:
gibby wrote:i updated to 7.0 and found then that match play launcher did not work.....what i found was i had to lower popup security settings in IE 7.0 . all works well again

chris

this isn't going to be a shock to most, but i don't get it. how do you go about lowering the popup security settings within ie7? i see where you can either choose to allow or block popups on particular sites, but i don't see where you can raise or lower security.

my mistake....they were security settings for trusted sites :oops:
this is what they are set to now. the next higher setting was blocking the launcher at match maker.

chris
canuck

Postby sdr1234 on Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:46 pm

I still am having no luck. I can go into matchmaker and I can get on that way. This is too weird
sdr1234

Postby Freefaller on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:51 am

At the "Trusted Sites" page indicated by canuck click on the "Sites" button and add http://www.lspn.net on the page that appears and remove the checkmark from the box "require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone"
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby sdr1234 on Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:18 pm

That did not work either.
sdr1234

Postby Armand on Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:28 pm

A shot in the dark here, sdr1234, but are you running the Windows firewall? Try disabling that (at least temporarily) and see if you can connect. I don't run a firewall, but based on your description, it seems like it could be a firewall (or router) issue. Another test if you use a router is to bypass it (plug the cable directly to your ethernet port/card on your computer); if you can then connect, you know that you can stop looking at IE6/7 settings (at least for the time being).

Try different things, noting what it is you are trying. Attempt one test at a time so you can, hopefully, isolate what the problem is.

Armand
Armand

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum