Jerky swing Low chs (RTS)

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Jerky swing Low chs (RTS)

Postby Pappy on Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:00 pm

First time this happened: I played 3 rounds o RAW on WAgga Wagga with no problems (played online mode) with the swing RTS. Last night Heavyswinger and I played game 4 together in Direct Connect mode (going through LSPN) and probably at least 6 times my ani hesitated on the swing (as if a virus update was taking place only in this case NOTHING was happening in the background). Now usually when that happens in RTS the chs (club head speed) isn't affected -- but in this case the chs ended up about half or so of what it should have been - needless to say that's not good).

I'm stumped. Here are some thoughts:
1. We used multiplayer, online and clicked off the scoreboard (We didn't want scoreboard to come on between holes to speed things up - is there a better way?)
2. Something in the server when playing this way that my computer didn't like (Btw did anyone else have this problem?)
3. Mouse problems - I don't think that because after game I went to driving range and hit a bunch of balls with NO problems.
4. Other computer problems when in this mode of playing (multi, direct connect, LSPN). I did have the computer refuse to Shut down or reboot so had to turn off manually - maybe related , I have no idea. When I googled "computer not shutting down" I read a suggestion to UNCHECK "Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" on the USB [censored] Hubs (all of them I did). Have no idea if that did anything but evidently this box is checked for laptops to save power).

I am using the cheap MS Optical mouse but like I said when I went offline after game had no problems so in my mind that would eliminate the mouse but with computers you never know.

Btw my wife just handed me a FedEx package with a 500 Meg memory chip in it so that will put me at max 1 Gig (I checked when I was having that prob and I wasn't low in mem anyway- have 750M as I speak - will take out a 250 and add 500). I have a Dell Dimension 4500 (not 'S' which holds 2 Gig mem).

Any of you want to take a shot of figuring this out - or better yet maybe someone already had this problem and has a ready answer. Thanks in advance.
Pappy (Pete)
Pappy

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum