Recorded players

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Recorded players

Postby Goose342 on Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:34 pm

Could someone please stop my frustrations with how to play against a downloaded recorded player. I have tried everything, well maybe not everything otherwise it would work by now. All the recorded players that I have downloaded come up as an (R for real player) I just need to know if I need to change that to something else and what file in links 2003 to put it in in order to run it. I go to course manager and still can only see my recorded rounds. I must be doing something wrong.

Please Help Thanks.
Goose342
Goose342

Postby terrell on Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:07 am

C:\Documents and Settings\Terrell\My Documents\Links 2003\Recorded Players

my recorded players directory is here, but i don't have any recorded players, nor have i ever recorded one of my rounds. and when i extract files from downloaded zips, i only extract the crz. so i don't have anything to go by for you. but judging from the links help, you only have to goto course manager, recorded players, and you should see the files you have in the above directory.
terrell

Postby mike58 on Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:01 am

I may not know what I am talking about (but that never stops me), but I don't think you play against recorded players. I played for a while on the KISS Tour, where you record your rounds and submit them to their web site. There are 4 or 5 files that have to be submitted, and one of them is your recorded player. I assume the file is used in the verification process.
mike58

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:09 pm

mike58 wrote:I may not know what I am talking about (but that never stops me), but I don't think you play against recorded players. I played for a while on the KISS Tour, where you record your rounds and submit them to their web site. There are 4 or 5 files that have to be submitted, and one of them is your recorded player. I assume the file is used in the verification process.

You're wrong........you can send a recorded round to a friend so they can play against you, provided they have the same version/course
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:42 pm

where you get another player's recorded round and that file has the file extension of REC (ie mike.REC) drag it into (as Terrell said) C:\Documents and Settings\Terrell\My Documents\Links 2003\Recorded Players folder.

Then, start Links, select New Round, select the course that the recorded player played on, select the mode of play that the recorded player played (e.g STOKE), click NEXT, click Add Player to select the players to play >>>> your own player to play + the Recorded Player shown in red colour in the players to add list

tee off !

hope this helps

8)
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby terrell on Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:11 pm

thanks, rob, and murray, and mike, for picking me up. i was first here, so i felt obligated to try to help, even though i had no idea. (8
terrell

Postby BruceWallace on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:45 pm

I think that you also have to select the conditions (B,M,M or whatever) that the recorded player played the course.
BruceWallace

Postby JackRussellTerror on Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:48 pm

terrell wrote:thanks, rob, and murray, and mike, for picking me up. i was first here, so i felt obligated to try to help, even though i had no idea. (8

no worries Terrell. you did the hard yards running the ball alllll the way upfield.....we just simply scored the try ! (er, touchdown) hehe

:D
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Re: Recorded players

Postby KCJammer on Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:20 pm

Goose342 wrote:All the recorded players that I have downloaded come up as an (R for real player) I just need to know if I need to change that to something else

I have a few hundred recorded rounds saved and mine too have the Real Player icon indicated as the program being used to open the file. (see below) They all play fine. I appreciate it when a designer includes a recorded round with his design. I wish more would do this. It's a nice way to play a practice round and to learn the designer's approach to playing certain holes.

KCJammer

Postby mike58 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:29 am

tryandtyoneon wrote:
mike58 wrote:I may not know what I am talking about (but that never stops me), but I don't think you play against recorded players. I played for a while on the KISS Tour, where you record your rounds and submit them to their web site. There are 4 or 5 files that have to be submitted, and one of them is your recorded player. I assume the file is used in the verification process.

You're wrong........you can send a recorded round to a friend so they can play against you, provided they have the same version/course

Not the first time. That's what's great about these forums - I learn stuff all the time.
mike58

Postby Goose342 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:34 am

Thanks all for your reply. I used all of your knowledge and finally got it. thanks very much for you support and hope to see you on the links.

Happy golfing.
Goose342 :D
Goose342

Postby Armand on Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:35 pm

Just as a follow-up, I believe Links will set the conditions to whatever the recorded round player used (except perhaps the wind). It is important to ensure you're using a 1.05 recorded round when playing in 1.05 (and a 1.06 REC file if using 1.06), or unexpected results are likely to occur).

Armand
Armand

Postby FixAmer1st on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:14 pm

Armand wrote:Just as a follow-up, I believe Links will set the conditions to whatever the recorded round player used (except perhaps the wind). It is important to ensure you're using a 1.05 recorded round when playing in 1.05 (and a 1.06 REC file if using 1.06), or unexpected results are likely to occur).

Armand

Almost correct on the conditions Armand. The only conditions set by the rec file is the Pin Numbers. All of the rest will be game set up independent. The live player gets to choose their conditions and the rec player will mimic the conditions that they were recorded with.

Using the same game engine as you mentioned is of paramount importance.

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Postby terrell on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:19 pm

FixAmer1st wrote:Using the same game engine as you mentioned is of paramount importance.

hmmm, good thought, jerry. so if someone has their hands on v1.07, will they have problems with rounds recorded with v1.05?
terrell

Postby FixAmer1st on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:20 pm

terrell wrote:
FixAmer1st wrote:Using the same game engine as you mentioned is of paramount importance.

hmmm, good thought, jerry. so if someone has their hands on v1.07, will they have problems with rounds recorded with v1.05?

Right now it makes a difference only for trying to play back 1.06 rec files even if you set up the match using the MOD 1.07 conditions that match the conditions that the rec was played with.

The old 1.05 rec files play back just fine in the 1.07 beta.

I doubt that this will change for the final.
Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum