LTS files

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

LTS files

Postby Vins on Thu May 24, 2007 3:30 pm

I recently formatted my HD and now when i use the LTS files to play my offline Golfzone rounds i get a error when the email part comes up, i have never had this happen before and i have been playing Links for years and formatt about ever 6 months, i use Outlook Express.

Heres a screen shot of the error i get;
http://www.golfzonetours.com/images/LINKS.bmp

Anyone know how to fix this ?
Vins

Postby terrell on Fri May 25, 2007 10:53 am

interesting. i have no idea what you're trying to do, as i'm totally unfamiliar with golfzone. but what happens when you click on 'more information'?
terrell

Postby Vins on Fri May 25, 2007 11:03 am

I get the links help menu
Vins

Postby sonnycul on Fri May 25, 2007 11:40 am

When I play those type of tours I just hit save give the file a name and it will go to my documemts and in folder Links 2003 then I just attach it to my e-mail and send it to whoever you send it to ..
Do not argue with an i d i o t. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
sonnycul

Postby Vins on Fri May 25, 2007 1:37 pm

Yes i know, the thing is the LTS file is suppose to automaticly open outlook exprees and auto insert the verify file, this is the part thats not working, and it always did till this latest format and install of links.
Vins

Postby tryandtyoneon on Fri May 25, 2007 2:14 pm

Vins wrote:Yes i know, the thing is the LTS file is suppose to automaticly open outlook exprees and auto insert the verify file, this is the part thats not working, and it always did till this latest format and install of links.

Since your reformat, is outlook express your default e-mail manager?.......or is it microsoft outlook?
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Vins on Fri May 25, 2007 9:59 pm

Express
Vins

Postby Armand on Fri May 25, 2007 11:00 pm

I've got the same problem, Vins. It was suggested in another forum to ensure your default mail client is chosen using "Start" and "Set Program Access and Defaults". I went in there and chose Outlook 2007, but I still have the problem.

I never had the problem before (but I'm not sure before when, since I don't play using LTS and email much anymore). I was wondering if was related to security measures in Outlook 2007 and/or Avast antivirus, which I had installed. I'm pretty sure both of these were installed after I last used the LTS/email files. I have uninstalled Avast, but have not yet tried again. I likely won't be uninstalling Office 2007.

Let me know if any of this software may be similar to your setup. I'm pulling at straws here, but not pulling that hard, since I rarely use the LTS with email files.

Armand
Armand

Postby Vins on Sat May 26, 2007 3:05 pm

Wow u got me thinking now, i installed Office 2007 but when i found that it doesn't come with Frontpage i unistalled it and installed my old Office XP, i wonder if Office 2007 is the cause.
Vins

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat May 26, 2007 3:24 pm

Vins wrote:Wow u got me thinking now, i installed Office 2007 but when i found that it doesn't come with Frontpage i unistalled it and installed my old Office XP, i wonder if Office 2007 is the cause.

If you've done anything with office lately, then links will try and use microsoft outlook for your email instead of outlook express
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Armand on Sat May 26, 2007 9:08 pm

Vins, did you re-install Links after you've uninstalled Office 2007? I could be completely wrong on this, but I know I had long delays in opening simple spreadsheets and Word documents due to the "security" and virus scanning issues. I thought that might be an issue with Links, but I don't know (and I resolved the long time required to open files).

It would be nice to get this resolved. I don't know what else to look for though.

Armand
Armand

Postby ErnieB on Sun May 27, 2007 6:35 am

I use Office 2007 - installed well after Links and have no problem submitting files via the e-mail function. I would suspect a faulty Links (or patch) installation, or a security setting in your e-mail and/or anti-virus software. Good luck Steve.
ErnieB

Postby Armand on Sun May 27, 2007 1:38 pm

Thanks, Ernie. There goes my theory!!

Armand
Armand

Postby BruceWallace on Sun May 27, 2007 6:40 pm

ErnieB wrote:I use Office 2007 - installed well after Links and have no problem submitting files via the e-mail function. I would suspect a faulty Links (or patch) installation, or a security setting in your e-mail and/or anti-virus software. Good luck Steve.

You must be one of the few who Office 2007 hasn't s-c-r-e-w-e-d up something on their computer.

I have been to many different forums and have seen a tremendous amount of problems with Office 2007, most of which, have involved intense graphic programs.
BruceWallace

Postby Vins on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:28 pm

I think i found the problem and the fix.
First off when i formatted HD i installed office 2007, well when i found out it did not include Frontpage i deleted it. I then installed office XP but did not install outlook due to the fact i like outlook express better. Well i think what happened is when i installed office 2007 it automaticly installed outlook so when i installed links it set outlook as my email. So when i uninstalled office 2007 it took outlook off. So thats why i was getting the error.
I did some investigating and i reinstalled outlook using my office XP disk, i then made outlook express my default mail but left outlook installed. Now the email ( LTS ) files work fine.

Hope this helps anyone who has similar problem.
Vins

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum