Techy Question

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Techy Question

Postby Damon on Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:51 am

here's a good questions for all those who are alot more versed in computers then me. I frequesntly move between two computers while i play links. I want to move my player and keep all the stats with it. Is there any way to do it easily without just copying the files everyday? I was thinking of using a memory stick. Also, to make it more difficult i have one vista computer and one xp. go figure. Thanks
Damon

Postby FixAmer1st on Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:42 am

I play between two computers myself all of the time during my AI player testing.

If it is the player's stats that you want to keep accumulating the individual player's stats are archived in the Player's PIN file. If you are concerned about Course Stats, that is a different matter.

Moving the PIN file from computer to computer with a memory stick is the way I do it.

To be sure that I do not play rounds with an old PIN file, I actually MOVE the PIN file from off of the computer on to the memory stick and then COPY it to the computer I now want to play on.

That way the most current player stats are always on the copy of the PIN file on the memory stick (to fall back on if needed) and do not get lost or played with on two computers.

Then when you want to move back to the other computer, again, MOVE the PIN file onto the memory stick and overwrite the file there so it is updated by the stats of the new rounds you have just played.

Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to be sure that it was fully understood as being not careful could lose your PIN file and/or most recent stats.

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Postby Damon on Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:52 pm

Thanks, I had figured that, but i guess there's no easier way. Thanks for your help.

Damon
Damon

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum