Direct Connect

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Direct Connect

Postby Segwin on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:02 am

Hello again,

Trying to get direct connect working so that I can play links with my son. Does this function still work?

I've tried to port forward, dropping Windows firewall, dropping the firewall on my Netgear Router, putting my computer (host) in DMZ (via Netgear router).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Segwin

Re: Direct Connect

Postby Echoes on Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:18 am

Its been a minute but i seem to remember the #1 problem folks had with Direct Connection was that one or the other or both trying to connect didn't have a static ip setup.
Echoes

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:03 pm

Echoes wrote:Its been a minute but i seem to remember the #1 problem folks had with Direct Connection was that one or the other or both trying to connect didn't have a static ip setup.

Yes, I remember that issue. Static ip was the key.
rwoodworkr

Postby Bassmaster on Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:00 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:
Echoes wrote:Its been a minute but i seem to remember the #1 problem folks had with Direct Connection was that one or the other or both trying to connect didn't have a static ip setup.

Yes, I remember that issue. Static ip was the key.

In order for me to play direct connection (which I do this 2-3 times a week) I have to unplug the Ethernet cable coming from the computer out of the router/modem and plug it directly into the coax/Ethernet adapter box before the router/modem.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum