Not Registered problem

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Not Registered problem

Postby DougHiggi on Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:47 am

This a question from RoyHiggi ( this is me) but i have had to register through a different e mail address and use a different name!
I played a couple of rounds on Saturday afternnon with no issues and I think was probably in the forum as well. All was good but when I went to get into the forum later i didnt let me straight in but asked for a password!

Normally ( at least 15 years!) i logged in and it put my name and password in automatically. Strange i though but didnt see a problem as I thought i remembered the password. I really think I did but it didnt work. I obviouslt put in in too foten and got timed out.

Next step I asked for a new password. Long story short I did that twice and no matter how carefully I tried I couldnt get it sorted. Asking to put a verification code in when I can hardly see what it said wasnt fun. So i gave that up.

Then I went to play a round and go the message " not registered" when i tried to go online. Never ever seen that before and here we are two days later and thats all i get.
Is being unable to get into the forum connected to the game itself?

Basically I am lost. Not a clue whats going on and just hoping somebody can help.
DougHiggi

Re: Not Registered problem

Postby Harpo on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:26 am

Maybe a problem that only Mark can fix. Have not heard of that problem before. So you just forgot the password right? I have had to use my password many times as getting a new computer or laptop and signing in for the first time on them for this site. Also, my wife and I use a password program for all our sites that even works on our cell phones.

Hope you get it figured out.

I think someone can get ahold of Mark easily to find out.

At first I though Doug had another alias ! :lol: Sorry Doug just could not pass that up. Yea, I'm bad ...
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:51 am

Roy, you didn't by any chance deleted out all your cookies? Maybe something else you were doing on the computer said to delete them? That would make you log back in and use your password. But if you don't remember it then I'm sure Mark does not know it but maybe can get you a workaround to just changing it to a new one.
Jim
Harpo

Postby DougHiggi on Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Harpo wrote:Roy, you didn't by any chance deleted out all your cookies? Maybe something else you were doing on the computer said to delete them? That would make you log back in and use your password. But if you don't remember it then I'm sure Mark does not know it but maybe can get you a workaround to just changing it to a new one.

I am certain I got the right password and it wasnt accepted. I went through the process of getting a new password but could get that sorted either.

I understand very little when computers are involved but the most baffling for me is why not getting in here would mean I get the not registered comment when i try to play links.

Just got an e mail from Mark so I am hopeful.
DougHiggi

Postby pmgolf on Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 am

Roy, if you use Google Chrome I can tell you how to find your LSPN password. It saves it for you. When you go into the Links game and click on "Online" and then "The Links Tour", the game uses your LSPN web site signon - name and password - to make the connection with the web site.

Did you change your email address? On the Forum page, click on "My Account" up in the top right.

Have you saved your password anywhere? When you type it in, make sure your "Caps Lock" isn't on.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby DougHiggi on Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:31 am

pmgolf wrote:Roy, if you use Google Chrome I can tell you how to find your LSPN password. It saves it for you. When you go into the Links game and click on "Online" and then "The Links Tour", the game uses your LSPN web site signon - name and password - to make the connection with the web site.

Did you change your email address? On the Forum page, click on "My Account" up in the top right.

Have you saved your password anywhere? When you type it in, make sure your "Caps Lock" isn't on.

Pete

Not a clue about Google chrome sorry. But anyway I was sure i used the correct passowrd but it didnt accept it and now it tells me ( when i asked for a new password) I had to insert extra things which I couldnt do.

Didnt change my password and as I cant log in i wouldnt be able to get into my account as its telling me i don't exist.

I hope all will get sorted as Mark is onto it but nothing yet.
DougHiggi

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:06 am

Well I am back as rhiggi for the forum but the next problem to sort is why I am still getting not registered when I load up Links and try to go online.
RoyHiggi

Postby pmgolf on Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:09 am

I'll take a chance that you won't give up before you give this a try...

1. Start the Links game.
2. Click on "Online"
3. Click on "The Links Tour".
4. Enter your new "Tour ID" (Hint: rhiggi right?)
5. Enter your new "Password" (hint: the one you used for rhiggi)
6. Click on the "Save Password" box to put a checkmark there.
7. Click on "OK"
8. You should get a Message Box saying "Welcome to the LSPN" - Click "OK"

Hopefully that will get you started.
Pete
pmgolf

Postby Harpo on Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:14 pm

You mean RoyHiggi not rhiggi right?
Jim
Harpo

Postby pmgolf on Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:16 pm

Harpo wrote:You mean RoyHiggi not rhiggi right?

No, Jim. In the post above mine he said he's rhiggi. The game wants to connect to you with the same name you have in the LSPN web site. I'm pmgolf here, and in the Links game I use pmgolf and also the password I use here. If I'm right I hope this doesn't confuse Roy. If I'm wrong then that's another matter! :D

Jim brings up a good point, though. Roy, if you're rhiggi then how in the heck are you posting responses in this thread as RoyHiggi?

Pete
pmgolf

Postby RoyHiggi on Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:30 pm

pmgolf wrote:
Harpo wrote:You mean RoyHiggi not rhiggi right?

No, Jim. In the post above mine he said he's rhiggi. The game wants to connect to you with the same name you have in the LSPN web site. I'm pmgolf here, and in the Links game I use pmgolf and also the password I use here. If I'm right I hope this doesn't confuse Roy. If I'm wrong then that's another matter! :D

Jim brings up a good point, though. Roy, if you're rhiggi then how in the heck are you posting responses in this thread as RoyHiggi?

Pete

Doesn't take much to confuse me :lol: :lol: Yes I meant RoyHiggi. rhiggi is what my old password was!!

the one thing I have never noticed before was when I load Links and go through the process described above is that when you get to the log in page it needs a password. Each time i got there I just pressed ok and got the not registered mesaage.

That's obviously because the password was the old one and I just never gave it a thought. :roll:

The new password obviously works and I should be able to play tomorrow.

Thank you all and especially thank you Mark Hulka.

I cant help it if I am useless. All I have ever done for 25 years or more is press a button and go onto play Links. I cant cope when that doesnt work :lol: :lol:
RoyHiggi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum