Nautilus Bay crashing

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Nautilus Bay crashing

Postby Foreman on Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:01 am

Nautilus Bay, the Handicap course for this week, has crashed twice so far without any warning or cause that I am aware of. Each time I get a crash notice and offer to restart but each time I can't restart and have to requalify losing below par rounds and getting restart stroke penalties. I seem to recall having similar problems with this course in the past.

If anyone cares please don't use this course again.

Thanks.

Foreman
Foreman

Re: Nautilus Bay crashing

Postby Foreman on Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:13 am

Make that three times.

Giving up.
Foreman

Postby Bassmaster on Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:15 pm

The first thing I would try is to totally unistall the course and then re-install it. Worth a try.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby pmgolf on Sun Oct 23, 2022 1:28 pm

This has worked for a few other guys:

A) Assuming your internet provider isn't all that solid with it's connection, you should eliminate anything that may competing for your PC's attention. I've used the following things when I had trouble:

Close everything unnecessary before you play Links! Then run EndItAll (Free) to close the things you don't know about.

EndItAll - eliminates apps and services that may be needlessly running in the background.
https://loaditsoft.com/download/enditall
If you decide to use it, watch the installation closely to make sure the web site isn't going to try installing some extraneous software that THEY think you should have (or that they are getting paid to add to the EndItAll download) like "ScratchMyA$$" or something. The installer will ask before it installs it - say "no".

B) Play the Links game in "Offline" mode.
1. In the Links game, click "Online", then "Links Tour", enter your LSPN info, hit "OK" - (Welcome), hit "OK".
2. Links Tour Page - click "Game Settings" button.
3. Click "Play Offline"
4. Click "OK"
5. Select your Tournament and continue. The only change from here on is that you will need to PAUSE (for a few seconds) after holing your final putt on #18 and getting the "Sending Statistics in" message, until you see the "Statistics successfully sent in" message.

Pete
pmgolf

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum