Links CRASH

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links CRASH

Postby pingman on Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:43 am

links crashes,everything is fine press begin play then ok but when I press next to start game it closes.
pingman

Re: Links CRASH

Postby pmgolf on Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:38 am

1.Do you get an error message?
2.Do you have a laptop or desktop PC?
3.If laptop - does it have a video card?
4. Operating system - windows 10?

Pete
pmgolf

Postby pingman on Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:18 pm

No error message on desktop comp. and windows 10.Just cuts out and goes to desktop.
pingman

Postby pmgolf on Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:54 pm

Ok, I'll take a shot in the dark on this thing. It has to be something the computer isn't expecting, so it isn't the course. Perhaps the Skill Level (Amateur/Pro/Champ/Elite) of the player you're trying to use is incorrect. Or maybe the Swing Type (RTS / Click / PS) Check those 2 things on the player in the Links game. Post back if you find something. Thanks!

Pete
pmgolf

Postby pingman on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:52 am

Everything is the same as i usually play.Thinking may be video card starting to go.Taking to shop next week.
pingman

Postby pmgolf on Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:33 am

If it was the video card, yuo would be having your problem with other applications too (like your browser). There's one more thing that's more likely. Maybe a file got corrupted when Links crashed.

In your /Links 2003/ folder, choose 1 .SKY file that you don't use often. Put the others in a folder outside of /Links 2003/.

Choose a player animation that's different from the one you usually use - put the one you usually use in a folder outside /Links 2003/.

Choose a clubs clubset file that's different from the one you usually use - put the one you usually use in a folder outside /Links 2003/.

Don't leave the possible bad files in the Links directory!

Now try to play a round. I'm betting that this will solve your problem. If it does, I'll tell you how to fix it.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby pingman on Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:00 am

sounds complicated for a novice like me.I also removed the program and downloaded again from Links Counrty club so should all be new.
pingman

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum