lost

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

lost

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:54 am

When I try to play now the message I get is:

Links 2003 has stopped working
A problem has caused the programme to stop working.
Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available

All this is really out of the blue to me. I havent played that much in the last couple of weeks and then i got a few rounds where it just froze on mein mid round. That has always happened to me so I didnt think that much of it but it had become a bit more frequent. Then yesterday I tried to start another new event and got this message above. Even when I try to play a round offline i get that message.

Any help welcomed but i fear it could be the end of the line for me and my pc :cry:
RoyHiggi

Re: lost

Postby pmgolf on Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:16 am

My guess... when Links crashed in the middle of the round, I suspect it corrupted a file as it was crashing. Probably the player file for the player you were using: [your player name].PIN, but it also could be the .SKY file: [Sky file name].SKY. How far into starting a round do you get before you get that error message? The "Begin Play" button?

Pete
pmgolf

Postby RoyHiggi on Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:16 pm

pmgolf wrote:My guess... when Links crashed in the middle of the round, I suspect it corrupted a file as it was crashing. Probably the player file for the player you were using: [your player name].PIN, but it also could be the .SKY file: [Sky file name].SKY. How far into starting a round do you get before you get that error message? The "Begin Play" button?

Pete

I get the message after the begin play button but at the next stage where I get to the tourney round and press next.
RoyHiggi

Postby pmgolf on Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:02 pm

RoyHiggi wrote:
pmgolf wrote:My guess... when Links crashed in the middle of the round, I suspect it corrupted a file as it was crashing. Probably the player file for the player you were using: [your player name].PIN, but it also could be the .SKY file: [Sky file name].SKY. How far into starting a round do you get before you get that error message? The "Begin Play" button?

Pete

I get the message after the begin play button but at the next stage where I get to the tourney round and press next.

That's what I thought, Roy. If you search for your player .PIN file, find it, and remove it from your /Player/ folder, I believe it will fix your problem. To find your player .PIN file, you will need to ask Google how to search for a file with Windows 10 (or whatever you have), and set the file name you're looking to find like this:

My player name is pmgolf-lspn. The file I would be looking for would be: pmgolf-lspn.PIN And what I would use with the search would look like this:
*pmgolf-lspn*.PIN For the file you're looking for, use your player name where I have used my player name.

Once you find the file, you can right-click on the file name and select COPY, then go to any other folder, rightclick on the file name and select PASTE.

Let me know if you can do this.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jul 28, 2022 12:05 am

pmgolf wrote:
RoyHiggi wrote:

Pete

That's what I thought, Roy. If you search for your player .PIN file, find it, and remove it from your /Player/ folder, I believe it will fix your problem. To find your player .PIN file, you will need to ask Google how to search for a file with Windows 10 (or whatever you have), and set the file name you're looking to find like this:

My player name is pmgolf-lspn. The file I would be looking for would be: pmgolf-lspn.PIN And what I would use with the search would look like this:
*pmgolf-lspn*.PIN For the file you're looking for, use your player name where I have used my player name.

Once you find the file, you can right-click on the file name and select COPY, then go to any other folder, rightclick on the file name and select PASTE.

Let me know if you can do this.

Pete

Thanks for this Pete. Cant say I really understand a word of it but will sit with someone i hope will follow what you said.
RoyHiggi

Postby ilesquire on Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:12 am

Hi Roy,

This link will show you, or the person helping you, the "pin" file location. (Or for any Links 2003 file type.) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... li=1#gid=0 It is LINKS 2003 - FILE LOCATIONS (Version 1.1) and is pretty straight forward.
ilesquire

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:59 am

Thanks gents. I didnt know where to look but my wife read what was said, with a tiny bit of input from me, and started looking around. Finally found some players royhiggipro.pin ( I think) and there seemed to be two of them.

One was created the day the problem happened so logic said delete it. We did that and lo and behold I was able to play a round :D :D Just played a round so all's good in the world. ( if only that was really true!) Thanks again
RoyHiggi

Postby pmgolf on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:01 am

Now we know, Roy old friend... two of you could only cause trouble! :lol: :lol:

Pete
pmgolf

Postby RoyHiggi on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:17 am

pmgolf wrote:Now we know, Roy old friend... two of you could only cause trouble! :lol: :lol:

Pete

i was probably arguing with myself :lol:

Played a couple of rounds no problem at all but the next one at Latrobe, Links crashed again and threw me out. Requalified to see if all was ok and got round 2 in without a hitch 2nd time.
RoyHiggi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum