launching links from new laptop

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

launching links from new laptop

Postby wolfhoundman on Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:18 am

I bought a HP 250 g8 Notebook running Win 10 w/ Intel Iris XE graphics. I loaded the game and these 2 patches Links2k3_107_Final.exe and Links2k3_nvidia_win7_FINAL.exe When I launch the game the black screen flashes
rapidly and fails to open. Any suggestions?
wolfhoundman

Re: launching links from new laptop

Postby Adelade on Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:37 am

Cant say whether any of these will work or not, but worth a try:
-Launching the game from either the LinksLauncher or LinksMMIII files (both found within the main Links 2003 folder)
-Compatibility settings: right click LinksLauncher and/or LinksMMIII and choose Properties > Compatility tab, and try various compatibility settings.
-Unplug any USB devices you might have connected, and see if the game works then. Especially certain models of sound devices are known to cause problems.

If neither of those work, and unless anyone else comes up with other suggestions, as a final measure I think it could be worth looking into this thread: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=788 However, I think that fix is traditionally more for issues that arise AFTER the game at least launches... Still worth a try if left with no other options.

Postby GoBucks on Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:33 am

Check out this post and, perhaps, any other links that may be referenced. It might help.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11982&p=93038&hilit=safe+mode#p93035
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby tnbogeyman2 on Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:58 pm

Have you tried implementing the LSPN_CRASH_FIX.exe?
tnbogeyman2

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum