FLHT Wk #39 - Kapa'a Getting Kicked Out

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

FLHT Wk #39 - Kapa'a Getting Kicked Out

Postby BitLeft on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:53 am

Being a relative newbie to the scene I can lay claim to 1728 rounds played so far. The past two days, playing this course, Windows "has found a problem" - doesn't say what it is, of course - and shuts down my round. I manage to get back in, at the cost of a stroke penalty each time. Great.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Is it this particular course? Happened in Round 3 and now again in 4. Not at the same place in the round. I am running absolutely nothing else while in Links, except I do have McAfee AntiV. open as it has always been. Going back to see if I can at least finish this off. Grump. :cry:
BitLeft

Re: FLHT Wk #39 - Kapa'a Getting Kicked Out

Postby Mississippi on Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:42 am

BitLeft wrote:Being a relative newbie to the scene I can lay claim to 1728 rounds played so far. The past two days, playing this course, Windows "has found a problem" - doesn't say what it is, of course - and shuts down my round.

Actually it does...windows keeps a log of any problem it encounters.

On my windows 7 operating system it can be found in the action center, which can be found in my control panel.
Mississippi

Postby BitLeft on Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:05 am

Mississippi wrote:
BitLeft wrote:Being a relative newbie to the scene I can lay claim to 1728 rounds played so far. The past two days, playing this course, Windows "has found a problem" - doesn't say what it is, of course - and shuts down my round.

Actually it does...windows keeps a log of any problem it encounters.

On my windows 7 operating system it can be found in the action center, which can be found in my control panel.

Thanks for the tip. Any idea where the Action Center would be in 8.1? I tried a search in Control Panel but nothing came up. I'm wondering if I should maybe have throttled back on the graphics detail. Kapa'a is pretty high octane - 110MB+ - and deserved the rave review that Ben Bateson gave it. But maybe too much for my aging Hewlett Packman. Anyways, I finished up despite the two stroke penalty. :roll:
BitLeft

Postby Mississippi on Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:26 am

Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools. Double-click Event Viewer. Select the type of logs that you wish to review (ex: Windows Logs)
Mississippi

Postby BitLeft on Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:23 pm

Mississippi wrote:Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools. Double-click Event Viewer. Select the type of logs that you wish to review (ex: Windows Logs)

Found it! Thanks for your help. Beyond the precise time when things went down the tubes I don't have the skill set to understand the lingo included, and wouldn't wish it on anyone else to try. As long as it doesn't become a regular thing I will try to live with it.
BitLeft

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum