Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Grapics

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Grapics

Postby Harpo on Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Is anyone else using this graphics on a laptop for Links? I don't use this machine to play but just loaded Links onto it and getting a lot of disappearing stuff happening. Golfer and ball + flight goes away and menu options on the bottom of the screen also are gone. Can someone guide me for help?

Edit: Yea, you probably need a little more info but looking if someone already is running something like this...
Jim
Harpo

Re: Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Grapics

Postby Bassmaster on Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:48 am

My Windows 10 laptop with Intel 3D Accelerated 620 graphics will not display the overhead ball flight in the overhead camera view. I do occasionally have the missing hidden trees.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Harpo on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:50 am

I have tried every screen resolution and nothing is going to work. I guess I won't be playing Links on that machine.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Adelade on Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:00 am

First step is making sure you have the Nvidia patch (and 1.07) installed. Both available at https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

If the problem remains after that, this solution is successfully used by many with certain systems and is worth checking out: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 7232#p7232

Another thing possibly worth checking is if you're displaying in 16-bit mode or 32-bit mode, 16-bit can cause some display issues in at least some cases.

Postby Harpo on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:17 am

Before I saw your post I did go to linkscorner and downloaded and installed the dgvoodoo. I got Links to run ok. The only problem is now is that on the downswing it is a lot slower than normal. I have run Links on many different machines through out the years and this isn't the normal speed. Laser would love it... :roll: It isn't slower when you putt. I was having trouble hitting the 6 oclock tick and sure I could get used to it but going back and forth from laptop to pc just isn't going to happen. At least I got it to work. I have not run the Nvidia patch so will give that a try.

Thanks
Jim
Harpo

Postby Harpo on Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:38 am

On that first link to linkscorner none of the links work.

Nvidia patch didn't help the swing meter speed along with other resolutions. No worries, at least it is playable.
Jim
Harpo

Postby Adelade on Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:51 pm

Hmm never heard of that one being caused by that program before, no clue (as long as you didnt put the programs's settings all wrong in some way). It sounds like you may be past wanting to try more stuff, I know and understand that feeling if so - but if you want to, you could try posting on LC too, some savvy people over there dont visit LSPN and might have some ideas.

Postby Harpo on Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:49 pm

Ok, tks. I may try a few more things.
Jim
Harpo

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum