RAW tourney using Carlyon

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

RAW tourney using Carlyon

Postby albatros on Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:18 am

It appears that this course is not suitable for this weeks tourney, no biggie will wait for next weeks unless someone has a solution and/ot point out what i may be doing wrong ;}~

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Re: RAW tourney using Carlyon

Postby Mississippi on Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:49 pm

Carlyon2012 would have worked. It would probably help if links corner and Mark master course list were integrated where Mark's list automatically dropped the course once it was no longer available there. At this point in the lifespan of this game i don't expect that to happen, so its up to those setting tourneys up to make sure the course they are choosing is still available.
Mississippi

Postby Blade on Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:06 pm

I sent a PM To Mark Fri Jun 25, 2021 it’s still waiting to be picked up, so I’m assuming Links is just running on Auto Pilot
Blade

Postby albatros on Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:20 pm

thanks for replies and info ... played carlyon lakes 2012 after i downloaded it (not in tourney) and was a fun round.

no biggie since many options to play in other tourneys and will just wait till next weeks "raw" venue.

to fairways and greens ...

albatros

albatros

Postby Mississippi on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:53 am

Blade wrote:I sent a PM To Mark Fri Jun 25, 2021 it’s still waiting to be picked up, so I’m assuming Links is just running on Auto Pilot

Might have been better off informing Jim (Redskin) since he does that setup.
Mississippi

Postby Blade on Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:33 pm

Mississippi, my Bad I wasn't replying about the Raw Event - I was commenting on Mark & Links Corner sorting out discontinued courses - Mark may not be aware of the situation as he hasn't logged in for ages - as per my Message date to him - which had nothing to do with events. By the way Jim ( Redskin ) & I go back a LONG WAY
Blade

Postby Redskin on Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:43 pm

Hiya guys -
I have not been able to set up any new courses for a while now. I'm pretty sure that Mark has someone that is on his "payroll" do it but I'm not sure.
I haven't set up anything for more then a year. I had bladder cancer and then went through 5.5 months of Chemo -- and since I'm sort of back here, my snap has really gone down hill. :)
But I still really like playing this old game.
Jim
Redskin

Postby Mississippi on Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Redskin wrote:Hiya guys -
I have not been able to set up any new courses for a while now. I'm pretty sure that Mark has someone that is on his "payroll" do it but I'm not sure.
I haven't set up anything for more then a year. I had bladder cancer and then went through 5.5 months of Chemo -- and since I'm sort of back here, my snap has really gone down hill. :)
Jim

Yikes! Very sorry to hear that Jim, i pray your recovery is going well. I wish nothing but the best for you pard. Ammy is for when the snap says goodbye, kinda like moving up tee box by tee box as we age.
Mississippi

Postby albatros on Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:17 pm

I would like to wish you all the best and sorry to hear that news. Hope you can enjoy the game for many years to come as well as all the other meaningful things in your life.

albatros

albatros

Postby Redskin on Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:13 am

Thanks albatros. Appreciate the kind thoughts.

I was able to contact Mark and it looks like he changed courses on this weeks RAW. I hope. :)

Jim
Redskin

Postby albatros on Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:42 am

always all good, if we (I) miss a tourney it is no biggie to me ever. Ones health and in this case yours is and will never be in the same ball park.

I again wish you the best and hope for many more fun years for you including this game we all enjoy playing ;}

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps.
albatros

Postby Redskin on Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Mississippi wrote:Yikes! Very sorry to hear that Jim, i pray your recovery is going well. I wish nothing but the best for you pard. Ammy is for when the snap says goodbye, kinda like moving up tee box by tee box as we age.

Thanks Mississippi -
I'm healing slowly and I don't play much any longer, but I'm still around and I'll play once in a while.
But I'll tell you all from my experience Chemo is no fun! And being bald is no fun either. But I lived through it and that is fun. :)

Jim
Redskin

Postby Blade on Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:08 pm

I had bladder cancer and then went through 5.5 months of Chemo -- and since I'm sort of back here, my snap has really gone down hill. :)
Jim

All the Best Wishes in the World from Australia Jim, keep recovering and keep enjoying the Game we all Love.

Cheers - David
Blade

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:56 pm

Mississippi wrote: Ammy is for when the snap says goodbye, kinda like moving up tee box by tee box as we age.

hahahahaha ...............
well, wont be long before i hit Easy Swing :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Postby JackRussellTerror on Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:01 pm

Jim

good luck with it all Jim !
my brother-in-law Terry (75 years) got diagnosed with prostate cancer last November and a bit in the bladder. He's going thru it too and is monitored closely, but he copes well and leads a relatively normal life !
https://www.youtube.com/@rob262
https://webcamsydney.com/
Rob
the Links Tour 1998 ------> 2024 --------->
"mmmmmmm ......birdie num num !"
JackRussellTerror

Next

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum