course not found

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

course not found

Postby Larrysr2000 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:10 pm

Playing in U.S. Links Open. played first 3 rounds and when tried 4th round ( Medinah) message said course not found.I downloaded Medinah C.C. #3V2005 but still get same message.
Any suggestions/
Larrysr2000

Postby Freefaller on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:42 pm

Verify that you actually have the .crz file in the appropriate folder. You could also move any other Medinah crses out of the folder and try again or look up a post from Terrell on rebuilding your crse dat file (or something like that). Beyond those things you may have to give up and move on to another tourney
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Medinah

Postby Larrysr2000 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Thxs F/F I will try that
Larrysr2000

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:09 pm

delete course.dat found here:

<d>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Links 2003\Course Data

the next time you start links, the course.dat will be rebuilt (dc tip).
terrell

Course not found

Postby Larrysr2000 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:30 pm

Terrell I did what you suggested and Do not see Medinah in the course data. I see other courses. Are you saying I should delete all?
Larrysr2000

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:09 pm

course.dat is the database maintained by links telling the game which courses you have installed. if you put all your courses here:

<d>:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\Courses

the next time you start links and goto the course selector, all your courses in that folder will show up automatically. however, if you've created an alternative folder, e.g. courses2k3 or apcd_courses, you'll have to re-add those courses via course manager.

the most common mistake, is when peeps download a new course that's in a self-extracting archive, they click the exe, zip, 7z, etc, and the course is placed in a folder under courses. the course manager doesn't pick those up automatically, so you have to add them manually.

edit: i can count on one hand the number of times deleting the course.dat actually solved a course not found problem. the vast majority of the problems have come from self-extracting archives putting the crz into a folder other than courses (or warren messing up).
terrell

Postby Tresclub on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:49 pm

terrell wrote:... (or warren messing up).

Been known to do that a time or two. :oops:
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum