newly installed game keeps crashing

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

newly installed game keeps crashing

Postby mikeeguitar on Mon May 31, 2021 2:48 pm

I downloaded a new Links 2003 on to a new computer. I then signed in with my regular sign in. When I play the game crashes and I get disqualified. Also, the upper portion of the video shows background Links 2003 green screen rather than the sky, etc. I also downloaded the "fix" and that didn't repair the issue. Any help will be appreciated. Mike

Adendum: I just tried a "requalified" game and it crashed. The details say "only power of 2 textures up to 1024*1024 supported. I'm not that savvy computerwise to know what this is referencing.
mikeeguitar

Re: newly installed game keeps crashing

Postby Mississippi on Mon May 31, 2021 5:39 pm

New computer evidently has graphic issues pertaining to links Mike. I'm sure there may be few here who might think they have an idea, but, i don't know of anyone savvy enough to assist you at this point in time with what we know.
Mississippi

Postby pmgolf on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:05 am

Go to the LinksCorner.org Forum, Mike. They have folks there that have dealt with issues like yours. I'm guessing you have a laptop - tell them that. Also, do a search for Voodoo. Some software with that name fixes the most difficult problems.

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:58 pm

pmgolf wrote:Go to the LinksCorner.org Forum, Mike. They have folks there that have dealt with issues like yours. I'm guessing you have a laptop - tell them that. Also, do a search for Voodoo. Some software with that name fixes the most difficult problems.

Pete

The point of my post wasn't to get the OP to take his problem elsewhere Pete, the point was made to get the OP to properly identify his graphic adapter more recognizably than "New Computer". There are a lot of computers being sold on today's market that don't have much a prayer on running links. I would want to know if i even had a chance of success before starting this journey.
Skip the voodoo search Mike, that's a goose chase. once your in the red link inside the following link his incomplete reference will reveal itself. Read the instructions carefully and heed the warnings.

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 7232#p7232
Mississippi

Postby pmgolf on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:55 am

Sorry Mississippi, but I will continue to offer help to those who might need it. If you don't agree with what I recommend - you are certainly welcome to your opinion. I don't necessarily agree with it though. :D

Pete
pmgolf

Postby Mississippi on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:17 am

pmgolf wrote:Sorry Mississippi, but I will continue to offer help to those who might need it. If you don't agree with what I recommend - you are certainly welcome to your opinion. I don't necessarily agree with it though. :D

Pete

No apologies needed Pete....I will happily leave this forum to your expertise.
Mississippi

Postby GoBucks on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:43 am

Was his problem ever resolved? I didn't see anything at LC.
No matter where you go, there you are!
GoBucks

Postby pmgolf on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:57 am

I hope Mikeeguitar will post here if he still has a problem.

Pete
pmgolf

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum