DQed 3 tournaments in a row...

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

DQed 3 tournaments in a row...

Postby LostSoul51 on Sun May 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Game has been crashing, (usually in the 4th round, but once in the 3rd), and I end up getting DQed. The last time I went to the website and got requalified, but when I went to finish my round, it started the round over. I was heading to the 18th green when it crashed so I took the DQ. The problem is that's 3 tourneys in a row. What's happening? Nothing has changed on my PC so I am frustrated and confused. Any thoughts?
LostSoul51

Re: DQed 3 tournaments in a row...

Postby Mississippi on Sun May 30, 2021 5:20 pm

LostSoul51 wrote: Any thoughts?

Yep...i have thoughts....many of them...first and foremost one is "How could anyone expect any good information in a reply given the amount of information given in the post".

I mean there have only been 8 versions of windows since the game was released and that's just in 32 bit versions, then you add in the variations of machines that people try to play this game with.

You add in the known sound issues that take a little time and editing efforts to overcome.

Lastly ISP's connect in a host of ways, sometimes the links server has trouble keeping a connection with some of them and it only takes a second of no response for links to boot you.

You state nothing has changed on your PC..but...if your a windows 10 user your PC changes every time Microsoft does a windows update whether you know about it or not.

In an effort to assist with no info i will suggest that if your machine connects via wi-fi, satellite, or dsl play your rounds offline and turn off links sounds. You still hear impact club to ball and ball to anything. See if those 2 changes eliminate your crashes, if they do then you can bring back one at a time to try to figure out the culprit.
Mississippi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum