No background sky imagery

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

No background sky imagery

Postby Paintman_4 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi All,
Just setting up my new Acer system. Copied over L2K3 files and it runs. The weird thing is that the upper part of screen that should be displaying the selected "sky" option is just dark green with Links logos. When I check the graphics options, the various sky options are there, so it isn't that they are missing. It's playable but I just like to figure things out. Also the aiming "pole" shows in the Main Cam but not the overhead or pin cams. Anyone else deal with this situation??

Roger
Paintman_4

Re: No background sky imagery

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Do you have a dedicated graphics card? It's fixable with onboard graphics, but you need to read through this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12205&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=windows+10+sky
rwoodworkr

Postby Adelade on Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:39 am

The links in that thread are outdated, this is the new link (see first post) https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 7232#p7232

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:35 am

Adelade wrote:The links in that thread are outdated, this is the new link (see first post) https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 7232#p7232

Thanks for the update, Adelade.
rwoodworkr

Postby gibby on Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:55 am

Not sure if this will help.
New Acer laptop with AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics. Default went to 800 x 600 16 bit. Had no sky's, cams weren't showing correctly, tabs across bottom not showing. Change to 800 x 600 32 bit and on graphics page I checked the use dynamic cam. Pop-up says dynamic cam will not work for some reason but went back in to game and everything cleared up. I know in the past I've always had dynamic cam activated and used 32 bit. I've had Intel on old laptop and a desktop, newer desktop I added nvidia graphics card and now this new Acer laptop. Again hope it helps.
Common sense and common courtesy two things this world needs more of.
gibby

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum