devils island

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

devils island

Postby bobo123 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 am

Why is this devils island on the tour totally retarded course put some windmills ans bullseye targets and make i a mini putt total joke I have finished wining now Burkie
bobo123

Re: devils island

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:41 am

Devil's Island is the Donald Trump of Links courses. You either love it or you hate it.
I used to play it every now and then, but haven't for a few years now.
I always loved starting the round, then hated it by the time I was finished.
rwoodworkr

Postby albatros on Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:17 am

the only course i ever mapped out many moons ago and it is a bit quirky i admit. now that infamous course i played a couple of weeks ago reminds me of the mini golf a lot more. i seem to recall gilligans island fell into that category as well.

lucky that nobody MAKES us play any of these and the "to each their own" adage holds true imho

albatros

a bouncing ball never sleeps
albatros

Postby Mississippi on Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:03 pm

I played Devils so many times windy fast firm in the early 2000's i got sick of it. But for those who do wish to still play it, and get close or under par doing so i found an old archived tutorial that John Pineda put out in the late 90ies showing how to navigate the island.
Enjoy 8)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... Rx6DkHZ6DB

Keep in mind default distances for clubs are not the same today as they were back then and some adjustments have to be made.
Mississippi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum