cant connect...direct connection

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

cant connect...direct connection

Postby taffdaniel on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:04 am

I play golf against my father, i am in scotland he is in wales, we used to play 2-3 times a week, but for some reason we cant connect through direct connection. I think i have tried every thing possible, to rectify this but to no avail, if there is anyone out there that can help i will be eternally grateful. I am on wireless broadband, with AVG security centre, i have all the .exe files for links, my firewall is off please someone help.
taffdaniel

Postby Freefaller on Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:18 am

What have you or your father done to change your computers since the last time you were able to play?
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby taffdaniel on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:25 am

nothing that i'm aware of. If someone could kindly put all the settings that they use, in the forum, i or anyone else that has problems connecting could use these settings as a reference point. I know that people are running different firewalls etc, but it still could be used just as a guide, i've tried umpteen different settings but maybe i'm just missing something simple! :oops: so if there is someone out there perhaps they would be kind enough to post the settings on this forum, Thanks for your help and future thanks to anyone who can help me. :)
taffdaniel

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:30 am

taffdaniel wrote:nothing that i'm aware of. If someone could kindly put all the settings that they use, in the forum, i or anyone else that has problems connecting could use these settings as a reference point. I know that people are running different firewalls etc, but it still could be used just as a guide, i've tried umpteen different settings but maybe i'm just missing something simple! :oops: so if there is someone out there perhaps they would be kind enough to post the settings on this forum, Thanks for your help and future thanks to anyone who can help me. :)

I don't believe there is a specific set of settings that work for everyone....unless we all had the same OS with the same bah blah blah.

One of you has done something to stop you from connecting and you need to nail down what that is. If you were starting from scratch then we could start with the basics, but you've gone from a successful connection many times to nothing.

One of you upgrade to IE 7??
A power failure or reboot of your router will change the ip addy

One of you has changed something to no longer allow a connection, that's the needle in a haystackImage
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby taffdaniel on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:28 am

Hi T i can now connect i followed fastcabbies advice and went to http://www.whatismyip.com, my father types this ip address and we can connect, the only thing is i dont think i can connect on matchmaker though i havent tried as yet. But i am grateful for all the help i recieved during my connection quest and would like to thank all linksters, what a helpful community :D
taffdaniel

Postby sonnycul on Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:00 am

taffdaniel if you try matchmaker don't click on join game just dbl click on the game it's self otherwise it will lock up on you ........
Do not argue with an i d i o t. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
sonnycul

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum