Links at Crowbush

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Links at Crowbush

Postby whisky on Fri May 08, 2020 1:46 am

Hi all,

Twice downloaded The Links at Crowbush and every time I try to play it crashes just after splash screen. Anyone any ideas?

Eddie B
whisky

Re: Links at Crowbush

Postby whisky on Wed May 13, 2020 4:42 am

whisky wrote:Hi all,

Twice downloaded The Links at Crowbush and every time I try to play it crashes just after splash screen. Anyone any ideas?

Eddie B

OK, problem identified. I had configured an old PC for future playing with my old DOS 6.22 stuff, as it had an IDE interface. So had setup with Win XP Pro on the sata connection. The problem was, as I suspected, the video card. After crashing numerous times, I fired up XP on my very old laptop and had no probs at all. Then back to desktop. Could not configure for on-board VGA, drivers would not load stating system does not meet minimum requirements. Bit puzzling but after googling, found that I had to take out the video card (MSI 8400), after which connecting to on-bard VGA fired up, was able to load VGA driver and then Links and played course without probs. Though had to do a lot of video configuration to get a good picture. And when I returned re-seated the MSI card, found my screen and game settings were shot to pieces, so had to totally reconfigure. The old HP 8200 Elite I once had allowed me to change video output between on-board VGA or or video card on the fly just by changed cable from one to the other, not sure whether I can do that and not going to try for a while as don't want to upset the video configuration I have, which is super.
Hope this might help others who end up having a similar prob. It all really stared with not being able to play on Win 10 as it would constantly disqualify me during on-line play. So reverted to XP (Which I loved anyway!)

Eddie B
whisky

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum