Links Crashing

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Links Crashing

Postby whisky on Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:24 am

Mississippi wrote:The only thing we know about Wackerwoods new rig is that it is a 21 inch HP all in one. So we know there is no video card, only onboard graphics. He has graphic problems that he is blaming windows 10 for, he is trying to use a business computer that has a Intel i3 or if he shelled out the big bucks a i5 processor pushing UHD graphics with 4 or 8 gb of memory to play links. :roll:

One would think with nearly 30 years of computing experience one would know that links 2k3 likes a real video card to run it.

Hay, I have win 10 and a very update pc with all the bells and whistles.....but crap for links and for good measure, totally HATE new office with all those stupid ribbons and things. For the likes of me it makes it HARDER to work!
Eddie B
whisky

Postby Mississippi on Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:47 pm

whisky wrote:Hay, I have win 10 and a very update pc with all the bells and whistles.....but crap for links and for good measure, totally HATE new office with all those stupid ribbons and things. For the likes of me it makes it HARDER to work!
Eddie B

How do I complain to Microsoft about Windows 10?
If you need to report a problem that requires a more immediate or direct response, use the Get Help app or go to support.microsoft.com.
Mississippi

Postby whisky on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:11 pm

whisky wrote:
Mississippi wrote:The only thing we know about Wackerwoods new rig is that it is a 21 inch HP all in one. So we know there is no video card, only onboard graphics. He has graphic problems that he is blaming windows 10 for, he is trying to use a business computer that has a Intel i3 or if he shelled out the big bucks a i5 processor pushing UHD graphics with 4 or 8 gb of memory to play links. :roll:

One would think with nearly 30 years of computing experience one would know that links 2k3 likes a real video card to run it.

Hay, I have win 10 and a very update pc with all the bells and whistles.....but crap for links and for good measure, totally HATE new office with all those stupid ribbons and things. For the likes of me it makes it HARDER to work!
Eddie B

I played with a HP SFF, with both vid card and vga, links ran OK on vga with one prob, could not see ball travel in air. On my auction pc, on-board-vga worked fine, but slow, pc came with MSI GF8400 on which some links courses crashed, but played ok on VGA. Once installed win 7Pro onto machine, all good, vid card works and no crashes on courses, though some sys probs owing to using a samsung SSD which had been cloned from another drive and an unwanted partition appears which is not part of system but won't run without it! A running ok for my needs will not re-partition the drive yet. Leave sleeping partitions lie(!) as not telling the truth! :roll:
whisky

Previous

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum