Some Links corner courses play offline but NOT online,

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Some Links corner courses play offline but NOT online,

Postby whisky on Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:47 am

Hi, I had this prob decades ago and don't remember how I solved it. Currenlty, Forest Lakes Golf Course is an online tournament but though it plays offline, it does not play online. Any Ideas anyone?
Ta
Eddie B
whisky

Re: Some Links corner courses play offline but NOT online,

Postby Mississippi on Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:44 pm

I will say this, links has no idea whether one is playing an online round or an offline round, if a course is properly put in the course manager it is going to play.\

I will also say that many courses have been made where there are multiple versions and a online tournament will need the course ID and course key to match.

In the case of forestlakes the only version that can be used in an online tourney is lC course id 460 by Chris Spriggs, but there is also a Forest lakes LC course ID 1755 by John Urtnowski which can't be used online since its not in Mark's online database.
Mississippi

Postby whisky on Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Thanks for the clarification, but I just can't find the Chris Spriggs course, only the John Urtnowski one is listed on Links Corner.
Do you have a link? Any I have tried have long since disappeared.

Ta
Eddie B
whisky

Postby Mississippi on Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:06 pm

I got better than a link to that course my friend, i can direct you Marks list which links every course on his list
http://www.lspn.net/course_list.php
Just go to the course you are looking for and click the go tab on the right half and it will take you to links corner download of that course.
Mississippi

Postby whisky on Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:02 am

Thanks a million! Very quick response.....as usual from you :0-)
When I looked for the course on Links corner it did not show up, but when I used the link it did. Then I found that it sometimes appears under 'Forest'. Had a bit of a prob getting it as my XP does not like internet browsing and I can't be bothered doing anything about it as i only use if for Links. Nor did I have winzip, couldn't extract it, so finally had to download a version, finally, after some dramas got is and installed.
Many Thanks for that

Eddie B
whisky

Postby Mississippi on Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:39 am

Glad to see you got it sorted.
On a side note you could download your courses with your win 10 computer, unzip, then move them to your xp computer via usb flashdrive. Here in the states a 8gb flashdrive is about 2 bucks.
Mississippi

Postby whisky on Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 am

Which is what I was doing but initially, for this course, it did not work, no idea why. Just wouldn’t show up in courses list when browsing it. Which is why I tried to download it direct. Other courses I do use the USB method which is much easier.
Eddie B.
whisky

Postby Golfman on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:42 am

i have had the same problem for several years now. Today, Waialae CC will play offline but not online. The file is in the right place.

Golfman
May the Golf God's be with you!
Golfman

Postby Golfman on Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:44 am

I forgot to mention that the problem seams to be mainly with PLSA tournaments.

Golfman
May the Golf God's be with you!
Golfman

Postby rwoodworkr on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:24 am

Golfman wrote:i have had the same problem for several years now. Today, Waialae CC will play offline but not online. The file is in the right place.

Golfman

Are you using the correct version for the tournament? Did you click the green arrow next to the course name in the 'Courses and Conditions' box?

coursesconditions.jpg
coursesconditions.jpg (64.45 KB) Viewed 7525 times
rwoodworkr

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum