L2k3 on Win Xp!!

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

L2k3 on Win Xp!!

Postby Dawg Rivers on Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:32 pm

Ok, so I am able to get my hands on an old Windows XP machine from someone I built it for years ago. Over the holidays she told me she still has the first machine I ever built for her up in the attic. I got excited!! She said I could have it so here's my question. This is going to be used just for a few old games I still have and would like to play again.

Links 2k3.. I know I would have to put in the 1.07 patch and a few others.. will I also need the NVidia patch.. It does have an Nvidia GeForce card in it.

I'm tired of the occasional crash especially when I am on round 4 of a tourney and they I come back and it says I can't continue. Hate that Sh#t

Best thing is its windows xp professional with all the final updates installed.. Tho I will not be doing any web surfing with this baby.. its a game machine.LOL
Dawg Rivers

Re: L2k3 on Win Xp!!

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:12 pm

Dawg Rivers wrote:...will I also need the NVidia patch.. It does have an Nvidia GeForce card in it...

I don't think it will hurt to try it.
rwoodworkr

Postby Mississippi on Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:48 pm

Too bad it wasn't win 98, then you would have had the true gaming machine with full windows support for this game. Xp was the 1st version of windows that would crash when certain wavs were played in multiplayer rounds. That being said i still think links is much more compatible to xp than win 10.
I would web surf enough to go to nvidia's site, and put in the model number of the card and put the latest driver they offered and then run the nvidia patch for sure.
Mississippi

Postby whisky on Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:31 am

I have just found an old laptop I used some 10 years ago or more, I had long taken the hdd out of it and stored it with heaps of others, found it and it was the only one I had not wiped! so set machine up and BINGO, Links there and all worked and have just done a 4 round tourney and no probs. Hoping it solves all the issues I have had with horrible Win 10!
Eddie B
whisky

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum