Terrell!!!!.......or anybody else that can help

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Terrell!!!!.......or anybody else that can help

Postby tryandtyoneon on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:49 pm

Created a 4 round tourny called Wild kingdom in arcade at this site

Played H2H with brother using skype

D/l'd appropriate courses and off we went

2 hrs later, we get to the 4th round @ Foxwood

I'm in waiting for him to join when he sees, after hitting begin, "Course load failed: The course could not be verified. The game can not start"

We tried everything........3 seperate d/l's........even sent him my version.........no go

he was never at the test site or anyhere else for that matter.....first 3 were back to back to back

When all was lost, i suggested me trying to enter it with his id/password........and him doing same with mine.......here's the mind blowing result.......

He could get in and I got the same message as he did before.......40 mins away from each other on our own pc's

I know what you're thinking...........who cares.........it's the arcade.......make another one..etc etc.

That's what I said, but he's never beaten me in a four round tourny and he was leading by 5.......so he wants everyone to see........we coulda just played a funner at the same place with same conds, but that wasn't good enough :roll:
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:15 pm

sorry, murray, but the 'course load failed' stuff is outta my league. much more of a tresclub sort of thing. i'm in charge of p o r n links. (8

i'm also pretty amazed you have a brother.
terrell

Postby tryandtyoneon on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 pm

terrell wrote:sorry, murray, but the 'course load failed' stuff is outta my league. much more of a tresclub sort of thing. i'm in charge of p o r n links. (8

i'm also pretty amazed you have a brother.

k......I understand the not being able to help bit......but amazed about a bro?

tryandtyoneon

Postby canuck on Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:51 pm

i think this course load problem is something with the site here. its reoccuring and random.

hopefully its fixed when mark updates the site :shock:

murry has a brother ??? :?

chris
canuck

Postby Tresclub on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:04 am

terrell wrote:sorry, murray, but the 'course load failed' stuff is outta my league. much more of a tresclub sort of thing...

Sorry, outta my league too. :cry:
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby tryandtyoneon on Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:57 pm

one of the things he said to me during this was....."Maybe I should delete cookies"......I said he was nuts 'cause his passwords would be gone. Guess what???........ :oops:

tryandtyoneon

Postby terrell on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:42 pm

tryandtyoneon wrote:one of the things he said to me during this was....."Maybe I should delete cookies"......I said he was nuts 'cause his passwords would be gone. Guess what???........ :oops:

yep, delete the cookies and you'll hafta type stuff in manually again. i don't think there's any instance where cookies would cause a course load failure, but i was wrong once. i would think course load failures are caused by corrupted course files, corrupted course.dat, or confused database from having multiple versions of a course.
terrell

Postby Larry_Warrilow on Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:03 pm

T, course load failure in the past has had to do with the server not recognizing a course ID, whether corrupt or the wrong version. on the other hand, there now appears to be server course file recognition problems that we were not previously aware of, at least on this site, that may be affected by factors that we haven't suspected before. lw
Larry_Warrilow

Postby terrell on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:45 am

correct, lw. i haven't been paying a lot of attention to exactly what the nuances are, but it seems there are some idiosyncrasies within naming conventions for some courses. tresclub could describe particular instances much better than i.
terrell

Postby Tresclub on Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:55 am

The biggest nuisance I have found so far (not to mention my own errors...lol) are the special ascii characters designers have used in naming their courses. München Nord - Eichenried is one, Château Bourrache (P2P) is the other.

Designers upgrading their courses, and then keeping the exact same course name, making it near impossible to tell which one is which.
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby FixAmer1st on Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Tresclub wrote:The biggest nuisance I have found so far (not to mention my own errors...lol) are the special ascii characters designers have used in naming their courses. München Nord - Eichenried is one, Château Bourrache (P2P) is the other.

Designers upgrading their courses, and then keeping the exact same course name, making it near impossible to tell which one is which.

The first one can be always be found here Warren. But I am sure you already know that.

http://www.maconusersgroup.org/charmap.html

The second one I completely agree with you on. Should be a law against that.

Jerry
My apologies for plagiarizing Mel Brooks but "It’s GOOD to Play Links!"
FixAmer1st

Postby Tresclub on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:47 pm

FixAmer1st wrote:The first one can be always be found here Warren. But I am sure you already know that.
http://www.maconusersgroup.org/charmap.html
Jerry

I have a list of all the ascii character sets, thanks. It's the designers using them in their course names that is causing problems here. ie. München instead of Munchen, Château instead of Chateau.
Tresclub

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum