Meter Issues

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Meter Issues

Postby Greg P on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:56 am

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Often times on the meter back swing it automatically "clicks," therefore preventing me to execute the shot properly. I'm patched with the 1.07 patch. Was doing it in Win 10, but just found an older computer with XP and it's still doing it. I've changed the mouse, so it's not the batteries. I've got an Intel graphics 82845(64MB) controller and wondering if I should add it to the video card file...although that fix has sorted out other problems than mine. Any input would be much appreciated.

Greg
Greg P

Re: Meter Issues

Postby Mississippi on Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I'm wondering whether you are using the 2 or 3 click method.
Mississippi

Postby Greg P on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:18 pm

3 click. I'll try 2 click and see if that works.
Greg P

Postby Mississippi on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 pm

I asked because i've seen people hold the 1st click a little long and the game thought it was 2 click and it gave results similar to what you describe. The only other thing that might do it would be weak springs in the mouse.
Mississippi

Postby Greg P on Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:21 pm

Although I don't care for it as much, but 2 click has been working better. The new problem is... now the meter tempo is running much, much slower. It was running much faster when I initially downloaded the program. Now, regardless of what level my golfer is it's a very slow swing speed. Am I correct in assuming that as your level increases, ie amateur to pro to champ, the meter picks up pace. I know you're penalized more for a bad shot. I'm running on XP so maybe I just need to get the original CD instead of the downloaded version. Maybe that would fix all the problems.
Greg P

Postby Bassmaster on Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:58 pm

Have you tried a USB mouse?
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Mississippi on Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:11 pm

Greg P wrote:Although I don't care for it as much, but 2 click has been working better. The new problem is... now the meter tempo is running much, much slower. It was running much faster when I initially downloaded the program. Now, regardless of what level my golfer is it's a very slow swing speed. Am I correct in assuming that as your level increases, ie amateur to pro to champ, the meter picks up pace. I know you're penalized more for a bad shot. I'm running on XP so maybe I just need to get the original CD instead of the downloaded version. Maybe that would fix all the problems.

Well rereading your 1st post i now understand what your problems actually are.... Graphic problems caused by onboard graphics in lieu of a video card. Put a cheap video card in your computer and things will get better real soon.
Mississippi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum