Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Re: Windows 10 HP Pavilion Laptop

Postby Bassmaster on Sat May 11, 2019 4:21 pm

rwoodworkr wrote:Is this the page you went to?: http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2.html

This is what the page looks like:

dgVoodoo.jpg

The link circled in red is the one I used.

Yes, that's it. It says "the connection was reset". My Avast went nuts.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Sat May 11, 2019 4:22 pm

I even went to Links Corner to download the Payne Stewart Ani's and when I tried to use them my computer froze up.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Bassmaster on Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 pm

So I accidentally deleted my newly Links courses file and ended up re-installing the entire Links 2003 game. And now after transferring all my courses when I go into a game I'm getting maybe 2, 3, sometime 7 holes before crashing with an error message of "only power of 2 textures 1024x1024 supported". I'm lost.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby rwoodworkr on Sat May 11, 2019 10:34 pm

There is another solution, but it's more involved and you probably don't want to go that route, but it would be to install a graphics card compatible with your laptop. Unfortunately, Links 2003 and laptops with onboard Intel graphics don't seem to play well together.
rwoodworkr

Postby Bassmaster on Sun May 12, 2019 11:48 am

So I uninstalled Links again and before reinstalling it for a 3rd time I went and checked my program files. There was all kinds of Links "remnants" left on the computer. I shredded everything that had Links on it using my Avast shredder before installing the game. Installed the game, installed all the patches, and loaded all my courses before even firing up the game. I was able to play one round without any trouble. So far, so good. I will try another round later.
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Postby Maximus61 on Mon May 13, 2019 6:20 pm

Thank you rwoodworkr

I followed the instructions from the link you posted. The graphics appear a little sharper, Links is rendering the next shots faster, and no crashes so far. It's working smooth. Thanks bud. :D

Max
Maximus61

Postby rwoodworkr on Tue May 14, 2019 9:44 am

Maximus61 wrote:Thank you rwoodworkr

I followed the instructions from the link you posted. The graphics appear a little sharper, Links is rendering the next shots faster, and no crashes so far. It's working smooth. Thanks bud. :D

Max

Glad that worked for you. I only use my laptop occasionally for Links and was ready to give up on it until I saw that fix. It's worked perfectly for me for about 6 months now. The main thing it did for me was fixing the sky, and the aiming post in the overhead view. There are a few minor artifacts on my swing meter, but they kind of blend in, so I barely notice them. The game plays perfectly on my Windows 10 HP laptop now, with no need to upgrade the graphics.
rwoodworkr

Postby Bassmaster on Tue May 14, 2019 9:52 am

rwoodworkr wrote:
Maximus61 wrote:Thank you rwoodworkr

Max

Glad that worked for you. I only use my laptop occasionally for Links and was ready to give up on it until I saw that fix. It's worked perfectly for me for about 6 months now. The main thing it did for me was fixing the sky, and the aiming post in the overhead view. There are a few minor artifacts on my swing meter, but they kind of blend in, so I barely notice them. The game plays perfectly on my Windows 10 HP laptop now, with no need to upgrade the graphics.

I just tried it again this morning and it says "the connection was reset".
Rick

The Century Club
Bassmaster

Previous

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum