Changing skill level

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Changing skill level

Postby pingman on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 am

When playing on line can't change skill level.format and swing type.Choices drop down but not live and reverts to pro which i usually play.
pingman

Re: Changing skill level

Postby Redskin on Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:41 pm

I think if you go to the main page and click on Event List Options and include Champ and Pro and Ami, then when you go into the game, you will be able to see all those options to play.
Jim
Redskin

Postby pingman on Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:57 am

They are all checked off but reapplied anyway but still won't let me change off pro.
pingman

Postby Mississippi on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:32 am

pingman wrote:When playing on line can't change skill level.format and swing type.Choices drop down but not live and reverts to pro which i usually play.

Click the My account tab at the top, then change the user preference's to the level and swing type you wish to use, click the save button.
It is a good idea to make in-game players for each skill level so one doesn't skewer their stats, but not necessary but the game will send you a message before every round notifying you your golfer normally doesn't play this level.
Mississippi

Postby Redskin on Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Mississippi wrote:It is a good idea to make in-game players for each skill level so one doesn't skewer their stats, but not necessary but the game will send you a message before every round notifying you your golfer normally doesn't play this level.

Now there is something I've not seen before -- cool to know that.
Thanks ---
Jim
Redskin

Postby pingman on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:12 am

Stlll not allowed to play anything but Pro.Menu drops down but not live and goes back up again,the only other one I play is Ami.
pingman

Postby Mississippi on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:33 am

my bad... the my account setting is for the level you will play the handicap and flight. for the rest of the tourneys the current event event list options is the place to see all levels.
links ingame.png
links ingame.png (239.33 KB) Viewed 7006 times
Don't forget to hit apply.
Then ingame change here
ingame.png
ingame.png (95.55 KB) Viewed 6972 times
Mississippi

Postby pingman on Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Okay seems to be working,didn't really do anything new but I clicked on the apply which I had done before.

Thanks hope it keeps going.
pingman

Postby Mississippi on Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:36 pm

pingman wrote:Okay seems to be working,didn't really do anything new but I clicked on the apply which I had done before.

Thanks hope it keeps going.

Computers are funny animals, and Microsoft don't help. Nor do browsers updates. They do keep us on our toes tho.
Mississippi

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum