Video problems on laptop

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

Video problems on laptop

Postby craigwojo on Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I installed Links 2003 and getting parts of the display (only in play mode) that are "lined-out." It is hard to explain what it looks like but when the screen completes after rendering, the golfer is just lines (rows of pixels missing horizontally) and sort of transparent. Also parts of the screen have the same effects. The menu select on the bottom is also messed up. I have 32 megs of video RAM and the driver is updated. The laptop I use is a Gateway 450ROG. The only thing I cannot find out is how to turn off the anti-aliasing. I went to the settings and nothing was found to toggle it on or off. I also upgraded to the latest version of Links 2003 and I am still getting the same video problems.
Since this has been my favorite game in the past, I would love to play it on my laptop.

Thank you,
Craig
craigwojo

Postby craigwojo on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:47 pm

Well I fixed the problem. I had XP do a search for an updated driver for my video card. It found one and installed it and everything works great.
Thank you,
Craig
craigwojo

Postby tryandtyoneon on Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:49 pm

Sorry nobody saw this sooner, nice to see ya got it workin'

T and I have been stuck on p o r n patrol
In life, there are no Gimmies

tryandtyoneon

Postby Grant_M on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:58 pm

Murray. I can't say I feel sorry for ya's.... p o r n patrol isn't exactly an undesirable occupation.

Dirty? Yes. Undesirable? No! :P
Grant_M

Postby grim_x on Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:29 pm

On my laptop right now. It is tough if the video is integrated. If one has a real video card, links plays just fine. ATI x1400 here and it works.
grim_x

Postby terrell on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:46 am

tryandtyoneon wrote:Sorry nobody saw this sooner, nice to see ya got it workin'

T and I have been stuck on p o r n patrol

i've stayed here all this time just trying to give back to all the guys that helped me out. but this p o r n patrol thing is like being paid to play!

grim_x wrote:On my laptop right now. It is tough if the video is integrated. If one has a real video card, links plays just fine. ATI x1400 here and it works.

i noticed the laptop's integrated graphics was ati. is everyone with a laptop and ati graphics able to play links? and the laptops with intel graphics are toast?
terrell

Postby grim_x on Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:29 pm

That could be, now that you mention it, it does seem to be the intell integrated graphics that everyone has probs with.
grim_x

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum