help, bought links 2003 today and it wont load? why

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

help, bought links 2003 today and it wont load? why

Postby jojobryce1975 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:08 pm

hi just thought i was give this a try, i bought links 2003 today and proceeded to install in onto my machine, it seems to install fine but when i click the play button, it comes up with the error message 'cannot locate disk' ???? i have tried instsalling it on both my p.c's but the same error message comes up?? other games i have bought today have installed fine and are playing normally, i am running x.p would this have somthing to do with it? or should i just take it back to where i purchased it from? :roll: can this game be played from the disk alone? or is it an online inly game? im not sure i understand what exackly it is??? all i wanted to do was have a game of golf with my hubby "offline" and its turned into a complete waste of time :?
many thanks
jojo
jojobryce1975

Postby terrell on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:53 pm

if you're installing from cd, the first time you run links, you have to have the cd in the installation drive. i'm assuming you're removing the cd after installing?
terrell

Postby Grant_M on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:49 pm

something else to try if terrell's suggestion doesn't work.

If you have a usb memory card reader connected or any usb device creating new drive allocations, unplug them. then try links again.

You can rename the usb drives too

There is some info provided by armand here>> http://lstour.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1165
Grant_M

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum