A few questions about upgrading to Links 2003

Post here if you are having problems with Links 2003. Please post in the Links Sports.NET forums if you're having problems with the tour.

Moderators: DavidCass, Bruce Bo

A few questions about upgrading to Links 2003

Postby Davechief on Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:13 pm

I'm a bit of noob to this board and I have a few questions about upgrading to Links 2003. I recently reinstalled Links 2001 after having lightning take out my old computer a few months back. I currently have Links 2001 along with every course dating back to the original links. I intend to purchase 2003 so I can compete in some the events going on here. Will my current courses work OK in the tournaments being run here? Is there much difference in the overall playability in the 2003 version? Does the course designer that came with 2001 work for the 2003 version? Sorry if any of these questions have been brought up here before but as I indicated before I've been away from Links for a while. Thanks
Davechief

Postby Freefaller on Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:46 am

Hey Dave welcome back:

Your courses will work fine although any that are not .crz extensions will have to be converted first. APCD's are in much greater use here now so you'll be doing some downloading (most are free)

Playability is pretty much the same except putting is much easier and the drop rules are much harsher

The course designer works the same

Feel free to ask any questions you want, lots of people here will help you out.
I reserve the right to be completly wrong
Freefaller

Postby Davechief on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:08 pm

Thanks Freefaller. Looks as if all my courses have the CRZ extension. I hope to get upgraded this weekend and get back up to speed. Are the APCD courses you mentioned available on this site or is there another site where I can check them out? Once again thanks for your input.
Davechief

Postby Tresclub on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:45 pm

Hi Dave. You can them here: Links Corner
"I don't play golf, because when I hit a ball, I want someone else to chase it." - Rogers Hornsby
Tresclub

Postby Davechief on Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:00 pm

Thanks Warren. I just downloaded Augusta National 2006. Can't wait to check it out.
Davechief

Return to Links 2003 Technical Forum